Ringor Cleats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 25, 2011
DD got a pair of Ringor's with her team uniform. All players got them. Pitchers got with toe's. They are the Diamond Gem's, so the lightest pair that Ringor sells. These are the molded plastics, as she is only 12.

What has me concerned is the weight of the shoes. The website does not post any stats on the weight of their cleats. I called, and the rep stated the weight to me. My postage scale tonight will be getting a test.

The Ringor cleat is clearly a well manufactured and high quality cleat. I love the design of the traction surface, as well as the cleat itself. However, the cuff is rubbing on her ankles, causing the to be sore, and another girl or two on the team has made similar comments, so much so that I can see my daughter not even wanting to put them on. Follow that up with they LOOK like big shoe boxes on her feet, and it appears she is laboring with each step to pick up her feet (she is tiny, so I think the weight factors in even more), but I see that same heavy footwork with other girls on the field also.

Anyone else notice this with Ringors, or have a weight chart for the cleats?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
While I will admit that Ringor cleats are probably a couple of ounces heavier than some other brands on the market, I would think that the extra weight should be minimal and a couple of protein shakes and your DD won't be able to tell the difference. If your DD does not like them then ask her coach is she is able to wear something else or are the Ringors considered part of the teams uniform. I wish my DD team would give our Ringor cleats as part of our uniforms! I have to buy hers for @ $100/pair.....just sayin'

Mar 25, 2011
Ok, the rep stated the shoes at her size 7 are 12 oz. My daughters are 6.5's, and tip the scale at 13.6 oz. The avg cleat is around 10-11 oz. That definitely puts these cleats on the upper end of the spectrum Protein shakes! Yes, i hear that, but I'd hate to put a few lbs on my little one, and then have her not get too vertical! So, it's just a wait and see if they break in over time, or if she just can callus up her rub areas. If not, perhaps the coach will let me put her in the Mizuno G3 Watleys, as they are only 9.3 oz. We will just have to wait and see.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Generally when cleats are supplied by the team, they are part of the uniform and are required. If the supplied uniform included a belt that rubbed the wrong way, do you suppose the coach would allow a player to wear a different belt?

I would have your DD put a bandage under the sock where it is rubbing, until the cleats get worn in to fit better. Also make sure the cleats fit correctly.

Ringor cleats are some of the best made available. They will last forever, even for pitchers that drag their toe heavily. If they fail early, Ringor will replace them or apply a discount to the next pair, depending on how worn they are at time of failure.

Oct 10, 2011
I think my DD would wear hers to school if she could. She says they are more comfortable than her regular shoes. Could her shoe size be off a bit? They told us they run a 1/2 size smaller than most shoes if I remember correctly...not sure.

Mar 25, 2011
Hmm. I guess it's possible. She is on her 2nd pair, first ones were huge, and she traded down a size. It doesn't seem the shoe is slipping at all. I will have her think about the fit more, and see if she feels like she is slipping at all..

Carly

Pitching Coach
May 4, 2012
Pittsburgh
Yes, in my experience Ringors can be half a size to a size off, so make sure they actually fit rather than just going by the number. I remember when I got my first pair it took a few weeks to break them in, but 9 years later they're the only cleats I've had since.

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
We have supplied Ringor's to the kids in our program for years. There is a couple things you have to keep in mind.

1) They definitely run 1/2 to 1 full size small.

2) They are a true leather shoe that requires break in.

They are great shoes that last a very long time. Their customer service is also very good.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I checked to see if maybe you got a higher topped one, but I guess that those aren't available in the Diamond Gems.

I have worn the original, heavier ones for years. I wouldn't wear anything else.

Who the heck weighs softball cleats? :)

But in all seriousness, no shoe should rub or cause a blister. Try wearing them around the house. How about trying on ones that her teammates got? I can't imagine what would be wrong with her Ringors, though.

R

Ringor

@RookKev - We would like to see how we are able to assit you and your daughter. Please direct email a Ringor Representative at flt@ringor.com. Please provide the name that your order was placed under. This will allow the Representative to locate your account and view your last purchase. We will also be able to provide suggestions and possible options to help your daughter. Thank you for your time.
Lindsay Phillips
Ringor - Customer Care Representative

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619