right view pro comparisons

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2009
My daughter just came from a camp where they filmed them with RVP and did a four frame by frame comparison with an olympic player - nuveman in my daughter's case. My question is can you compare bat speed with this comparison? I would assume that they would have to be shot with the same shutter speed and consequently you would be able to. Of course pitch speed and location would change when the swing starts. Does this video start when the ball enters the picture or when the swing starts? As you can tell I don't know much about the software.

May 7, 2008
San Rafael, Ca
rightview is a great video comparison tool, but remember it is embedded in a whole swing swing system/theory that is the MLB pattern. to make the most of it, it helps to understand the different swing patterns.

for example, here is more about what Slaught (candrea) says about the back elbow starting the swing:

YouTube - Baseball Hitting Instruction by Don Slaught - The Decision to Swing

VERY different from PCR/"gate swing" theory, for example (3 min. mark):

"...if you start your swing really fast, you will reach your point of no return much earlier".

There may still be parts of Slaught's theories where the reasons given for doing something are nonscientific or wrong, but they are nonetheless overallgood descriptions of the mlb pattern.

May 12, 2008
My daughter just came from a camp where they filmed them with RVP and did a four frame by frame comparison with an olympic player - nuveman in my daughter's case. My question is can you compare bat speed with this comparison? I would assume that they would have to be shot with the same shutter speed and consequently you would be able to. Of course pitch speed and location would change when the swing starts. Does this video start when the ball enters the picture or when the swing starts? As you can tell I don't know much about the software.

As long as all the frames are there sure. It's probably at 60fps so double the expected frames.

Mar 2, 2009
Suffolk, VA
Don Slaught is easy to talk with. I assume you can contact him explaining your question and he can give you clear understanding of how the system works. Do you know what version and SW they used? (There are various versions.)
support@rightviewpro.com Phone: 310-377-9221
** I promote his product as I've talked with him and have a low cost version that I really like, but the SW you used is outstanding. All players SHOULD be using DVD video to see and break down their swings by now. Even just videoing their swings DURING GAMES when their swing is MOST natural, THEN frame by frame watching it, repeatedly so they can see and understand what they are doing and what they like and don't like.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
As soon as you guys start talking smack, I'm deleting the posts and closing the thread. At some point, I hope you guys can start acting more mature than the people that you "coach".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06