Right-handed power hitter hurts front shoulder after follow through

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
On either hitters are they 'one hand finishers'? Letting go with the top hand?
HanleyRamirez_090149_80.jpg

Found this information:
As in the picture above of Hanley Ramirez, a one-handed finish can put the hitter in a problematic position, putting a tremendous load on the hitter's front shoulder.

The fix for batter's shoulder is to finish the swing by holding on to the bat with two hands.[/
B]

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2009

Found this information:
As in the picture above of Hanley Ramirez, a one-handed finish can put the hitter in a problematic position, putting a tremendous load on the hitter's front shoulder.

The fix for batter's shoulder is to finish the swing by holding on to the bat with two hands.[/
B]

That would be a yes on my DD.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I know. Don't have any recent video,but,I still have this one from a couple years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJjCE17WFOw I will try to get some this weekend when they play again.(spring break this week)

All I can say is she generates her power with the upper body. He swing is out front. It looks to be a shoulder/chest/upperback/arm swing.

Getting the Pad of rear foot/hip to fire while the hands are loading back is the sequence you want to try and achieve.
The lower half grabbing the upper half...

SL

Oct 10, 2011

Found this information:

B]

Good post RD. That looks painful!

Oct 10, 2011
All I can say is she generates her power with the upper body. He swing is out front. It looks to be a shoulder/chest/upperback/arm swing.

Getting the Pad of rear foot/hip to fire while the hands are loading back is the sequence you want to try and achieve.
The lower half grabbing the upper half...

SL

Ade's Dad,
I know I say this a lot on here, but for DD, doing the HG Drill (walk up drill) and self toss, for warm-ups every time she touched a bat, made a huge difference. Now DD starts with her elbow a little lower, and naturally raises it as she strides/moves out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207