Central Texas Dad of 2 ballers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 3, 2023
Howdy all,

Been lurking awhile and it appears this is the exact type of forum that I have been looking for. I have a 16 year old sophomore that started playing late (12U) and a 13 year old that started in coach pitch and has been playing select for quite some time. Older one is a catcher and solid outfielder...learning to fill in at 1st base due to team injuries as well. Younger daughter is a solid left-side infielder and has more recently fallen in love with catching too.

They are fighting over one of our two 32" catchers mitts, so am in the market for a 34" mitt. We were also told our younger daughter really needs to move up from a 31" to a 32" bat, so she is currently trying to swing any and everything she can get her hands on. In addition I am continuing to pour through the threads on drills, specifically for catchers but open to anything that can help her team.

I am the team manager for the younger daughter's select team and have become immersed in the world of tournament hunting, in addition to helping out at practice as much as possible. Favorite part of this game is getting to know the girls and seeing them struggle with a particular aspect, but then celebrating them when all the practice pays off and they pull off the play in a game!! Such a rewarding, yet extremely difficult, sport. Anyways, looking forward to getting plugged in here.

Jul 27, 2021
Good luck out there with double of everything. Two catchers bags is fun times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812