Reviews? Back spin tee, quant tee or perfectswingusa

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

My DD’s hitting coach uses a quant tee with her a lot. He loves it. He calls it a cheat code. Personally I don’t know a lot about it. He has a backspin tee too but I’ve never heard him brag on it like I have the quant tee.

Dec 11, 2010
I’m a Tanner guy. There are several similar products out there, I’m good with any of them.

Have access to a Backspin. We barely used it.

I like the look of the quant tee. It would not replace my aging fleet of Tanners but I like it.

It looks a little complicated to set up- if it needs to be set up for every hitter, that could be a problem.

If it isn’t hard to set up for every hitter, I might be willing to spend the rather tall coin to buy it.

Dec 11, 2010
The quant tee Twitter page is interesting... talks a lot about vba and ”launch angle tightness”. Claims measurable improvement by mlb players. I like that you can set launch angle goals. Seems like if you wanted to work on connection it should do that?

It also appears he is integrating an iPhone app... IDK, I’m going to help my eye on it.

Dec 11, 2010
Bought a Quant Tee.

This is not something you pull out of the box and use. For me it took some work to get comfortable enough to try it. After three sessions it still takes me a bit too long to change tee locations. Unless you assign a team Minister Of Quant Tee to run it, I don’t see how you could use it in team practice.

That’s the bad... Here is the good!

I wish I had known about these whenever they came out. Because it is good. DD’s college focuses on P/C/R screen of blast motion. DD’s Plane and to a lesser extent Connection were in yellow too much. Immediate improvement. Almost always green. From an “Eye Test” perspective her swing looked cleaner.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020
we use the G tee triple tee, bit costly but allows us to just bring one tee to our workouts and do so many different drills with it. low to high, extension one ball into next, three balls at once from inside out in front to outside letting get deeper, concentrate in just inside or outside diff heights and just regular in the middle. we do have the low ball attachments that are just as well made, seems like each time we use it people as they walk by look and ask, but when they see price they balk.. just my two cents, actually one guy asked if he could take measurements and made his own as he is machinist ..

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
we use the G tee triple tee, bit costly but allows us to just bring one tee to our workouts and do so many different drills with it. low to high, extension one ball into next, three balls at once from inside out in front to outside letting get deeper, concentrate in just inside or outside diff heights and just regular in the middle. we do have the low ball attachments that are just as well made, seems like each time we use it people as they walk by look and ask, but when they see price they balk.. just my two cents, actually one guy asked if he could take measurements and made his own as he is machinist ..
I went to the G site. Seems like good stuff. I can afford the bucket. 😁

Aug 3, 2019
I bought and see value from the Backspin Tee.

I bought the “light” model which admittedly is not as well constructed as the standard model.

That said, it functions exactly as it’s promoted. I’ve used it at practices with a first year 12u team—not sure the light model would hold up well with older girls.

Anecdotally, feels like my DD has benefitted from it with increase in line drives/flyballs with good carry.

Apr 9, 2020
Contact them via email they may have sales or demos .. can’t tell u how many share your scentiment and have gone thru few Lesser tees that if you add up prob close to these .. old saying you get what you pay for abd their customer service over the top .. if you private message me I can share my daughters Twitter (don’t want to be that guy ) where you can see it in use as well as other gadgets .. I’m a sucker. I however see her future collegiate team using the quant tee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12