Required Player Equipment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I do not think we have anything on the sign up sheet as far as equipment goes.

We for sure will have a bat and helmet you can use.

If you do not have a mitt, I think we will get you one. I wonder if that should be a question, Do you need the League to provide you mitt?

Current coach is requiring a face mask in the infield. Same thing, if you require it should you be able to provide it if they do not have one? Not a leaque rule just an out of the blue requirement.

(None of this effects DD, just asking to make the leaque better)

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I like it but not sure I follow,it.

Are the players required to have thier own helmet?

After we signed up the coach required a mask, it is not a leaque requirement.

Oct 25, 2015
Kansas City
No shared helmet bad as idea. Bats can be a touchy subject but young rec a simple aluminum gets the job done. We have several teams in our comp league that require a face mask not a bad idea. Our team really only uses mask against hard hitting teams and the pitcher always has one. As far as a league or team providing equipment is unheard of in our area. Players show up with what they need to play always see girls use others bats when they get close to the next size or weight but sharing other equipment only in a jam. Faster to share a sandwich than a helmet or mask lol.

Aug 12, 2014
Shared helmet. *shudder*

When we were kids, nobody had their own helmet. The team had 4 or 5 that everyone shared. I remember one year they tried to save some money and only had 2 helmets for each team and bought these half-helmet things to switch into when you got on base. They went around from one ear to the other and just had some elastic on top to keep them on.

Aug 12, 2014
I'm assuming this is a rec league. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think the only required equipment should be a glove. The league should provide helmets, catcher gear, and fielding masks (if required) to each team. Players can share bats. I come from the standpoint that nobody should be denied an opportunity to play because they can't afford all the equipment.

Oct 25, 2015
Kansas City
It just drives up the cost on rec league then two weeks in parents go get all the equipment you end up paying for stuff you're going to buy anyway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan