Reflection mondays

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
I try hard to be a good parent (from a team perspective). But I've got a strong mama bear streak. I've also got a sensitive kid who ALWAYS gives 100%. She's played with a 101 fever. She's played after twisting her hip on a dive for a ball. She's played with a bloody chin from a ball in the face. She's not perfect but she does her very best, all the time. And she's hard on herself when she messes up. Also, she's 8. I dare a coach to rip into my kid. It'll be the last time she plays for him. I might feel differently in 4 years but for now? Nope.

May 6, 2014
Low and outside
High was DS's 11U B team taking an 11U A team into the 8th inning in a tournament. Low was not being able to score in extras and giving up 8 runs in the 8th. The other high is now looking forward to football and field hockey.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Highs - DD pitched well against the 97 Thunderbolts, an 18U team stacked with girls headed to the SEC. Ended up losing 1-3, but she pitched her butt off and looked better than she has in a month. I also loved my streaming video feeds of the games!

Lows - Ended the weekend getting run ruled 0-8 by the 18U OC Batbusters. They were a good team, but we just didn't show up.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Highs: DD 2 came home from a 3-week summer program. I will probably have to live almost 1000 miles away from my family soon, so it is good to have some time with her.

DD 3's TB team played in their best tourney ever. This team had had a LOT of problems with sloppy fielding, but for the first 3 games this weekend, the fielding was fantastic. Also, DD pitched 14 out of 16 innings in those first 3 games without giving up a run, including her first two complete game shutouts. Scores were 6-0, 21-1 (run rule after 4) and 7-0 for the first 3 games.

DD 3's PC saw a couple of innings, and was amazed by how well she was pitching. HC said DD 3 was much better the games her PC did NOT see. DD 3 was pitching at a much higher level than she ever had before.

Lows: The team reverted to their old self in the semi-finals. At one point down 7-1, but came back to make it a more respectable 7-5. Hard to see that half of all the runs they gave up in that tourney were in the 6th inning of the last game, which meant their own 4-run rally fell short. DD 3 just didn't have her best stuff, and gave up a run on a stupid error. Most, if not ALL, of the 7 runs they gave up that game were errors. DD 3 just doesn't pitch as well when she thinks she has to carry the team.

More lows: That team is together for their 3rd summer, and now it looks like the team may fall completely fall apart in the next few weeks. Sad to see.

Jun 11, 2013
That would be funny but no, her team's coach is the one that ripped her on Sunday. The guest coach told me I was stupid to have her playing 12u after she had a terrific day pitching and hitting for him on Saturday at 14u.

OK makes more sense. Read it wrong. Now I know why I only have 8 softballs and may lose one after this :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207