Reflection mondays

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
What were the highs and lows this weekend. Ours were going to ASA States and seeing my dd get emotional over the loss. She loved that pin trading stuff too! lol :cool:

Lows were seeing my dd get emotional over the loss and us going home to soon.

Jun 7, 2013
The high was seeing my DD pitch effectively against very good teams even though she didn't have her best stuff.

The "low", which kind of turned into a "high", was both of my DDs were put out of their tournaments early. However, that became a high because I got to do some other fun summer stuff.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Was a rough weekend for State. We ended 2-2, but we had the best draw one could hope for, and really should have taken 3rd (just based on the draw). The two games we lost went ITB... and on both losses it was the mental side of things that hampered us. First loss...ITB, top of 8, we don't score. Btm of 8, 1st batter pops up bunt, F2 catches it - 1 out. 2nd batter lines a single into CF, CF comes up throwing hard, P cuts and holds the ball (PU later in the day said it appeared the throw was going to beat the runner attempting to score.)

2nd loss that booted us... in 2 different innings, runner on 3B 1 out, batter D3K runs to 1B, catcher doesn't even look at our runner on 3rd and tosses the ball to 1B for the out... runner on 3B just stands there (Coach telling her to go). In another inning, runner on 3B, 1 out. Batter hits a slow roller to 2B... runner on 3B just stands there (Coach again telling her to go). The game shouldn't have even gone ITB, we should have won straight up 3-1.

What makes it even more frustrating.... this is 18A team. Totally unacceptable!!! Tomorrow's practice will address these shortcomings.

May 6, 2012
Texas
My highs were watching my 18u girls knock the rust off and start looking like the dominate team they were before high school ball. This was there first tournament back together and it was great because they got to play the whole thing on an actual D1 field which helped amp them up as well as me and my other coaches cause coaching on a D1 field was an experience.

The lows came from the umps. I have been around the game for many years and have seen many umps but this weekend I meet two of the worst umps in the history of the game. They didnt keep track of the score or the innings and were constantly asking each other the count. The plate ump was flinching almost every pitch and told my catch he was scared to get hit by the ball, so you can imagine his strike zone he he was constantly flinching was the pitch was made. and to make it worse they were handing out double plays to the other team like free candy all because they were ready to go in. The head ump kept apologizing in between innings and would still go back and make bad calls. The worst were at home one my run slide into home had her foot in the middle of the plate slide was completed so she was literally sitting there then the catcher made the tag and she got called out. Then we had another play were my runner slide through the catcher who was blocking the plate my runner touched the plate the throw came in the catcher caught it high above her head brought the ball down to her chest and throw to 3rd never once touch my runner with the ball and some how my runner got called out.

Jun 12, 2015
Going 0 for 5 in Panama City was a bummer. The good side was my kid played hard and did great. Despite the losses it was a fun farewell to 8U.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Highs - Watching our team get 2 run rule wins including a no hitter by our #1P. DD crushing a huge double off a pitcher who had only allowed one run all day. Our team fighting back from a 12-0 hole, though we came up short and lost 13-9. Making the gold bracket in this tournament - we were 1-7 in our first 2 tournaments and pretty much non competitive in our 1st tourney. Being in every game with a chance to win, even on Sunday. Great to see the progress from our girls that looked horrible just 6 weeks ago.

Lows - DD had a meltdown inning in the circle that lead to the 12-0 hole, just could not get that 3rd out. But she did come back strong on Sunday in relief and kept us in the game giving us a chance to come back., unfortunately the bats just didn't quite cooperate enough.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Highs - Combined scores for 3-game friendly...DD's team 35 - Everyone else 0. Yes, we faced young and/or weak teams, but DD's team has made a habit of playing down against weak opponents. It was good to see them play consistently good ball all day long. DD went 4-for-5, 6 RBI, 3 runs.

Lows - At practice on Thursday night, DD caught a pitch wrong and bruised the joint at the base of her thumb pretty significantly. On Sunday morning, she was still struggling to hold onto the ball, so she saw limited time on defense, and it was all in the OF.

Nov 18, 2013
Lows: Facing DD's former team and coaches and having them constantly in the umps ear that she was pitching illegally.

Highs: Beating the tar out of them.

Jun 11, 2013
Highs. Winning State title beating top team in semi's of double, losing in final but coming back to win in IF game. DD turning on inside
fastball and hitting it 240 down RF line.

Lows
Seeing ball hook foul by a foot (no foul pole on temp fences ). Knowing that team would not throw another pitch near the inner half rest of tournament.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01