Reflection mondays

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
8 games at ASA state, 90 degree heat, bickering parents, constant complaints about playing time, undwerwhelming performance on the field, and the general sense that many can't wait for the season to be over. Highs? My dd grounded out to third to finally put an end to a miserable weekend.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
High: First weekend without softball since January! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being at the park, but we needed a break.

Low: I had no excuses to not get yard work done... :(

Oct 7, 2014
Upper Midwest
Beyond low: The night before state tourney. Waconia Student Athlete, 16, Killed In Crash Near Mankato « CBS Minnesota

Not a high, but I am so proud of our girls, parents and coaches, umpires, tournament staff and the entire state of MN softball. I watched our girls support each other and compete every game. I saw opposing players and coaches honor Lexi with #2 blacked on their arms. In the wake of a senseless tragedy, everyone had the 'right stuff'.

Jun 7, 2013
High: First weekend without softball since January! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being at the park, but we needed a break.

Low: I had no excuses to not get yard work done... :(

Hey, let me know! I think that I could come up with a few for you. :rolleyes:

Dec 27, 2014
High - District championship 9/10 pool play. DD goes 8 innings over two games with 23 k's, 2 runs allowed. 6-9 at the plate. Team plays for district championship tomorrow.

Low - After completely shutting the team down in the first game, DD walks the 1st batter in the 2nd game and tries to throw to 2b on next batters soft bunt. Wild throw gets past 2b AND our outfielders :)confused:), both runners score. Ill advised throw to begin with...

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Highs- DD was asked to fill in for an injured pitcher on her old team at 14u-we left in February because playing up didn't make sense so she stayed at 12u. This team is made up of all local girls coached by the local HS coach. She obliged since these are the girls she played rec with since she was 8. 4 abs- 2 doubles to the gap, 1 base hit up the middle and a deep fly ball caught near the fence. 7-ks, 0 earned runs and a 4-1 win in the circle. Then she went out Sunday and struck out another Seven against the same org's 12u team. Two top notch days in the circle.

Lows-4 ks and zero hits on Sunday against some Mediocre pitching in 12u. Also let a ball between the wickets while playing third on Sunday.

her coach ripped her a new one over her fielding and hitting...again. I left it to her to deal with the last time it happened but now I have to step in. Still trying to figure out what to do. I would think that it is a pretty easy thing to just accept that your #1 pitcher is not a reliable third baseman and is a streaky hitter.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Highs- DD was asked to fill in for an injured pitcher on her old team at 14u-we left in February because playing up didn't make sense so she stayed at 12u. This team is made up of all local girls coached by the local HS coach. She obliged since these are the girls she played rec with since she was 8. 4 abs- 2 doubles to the gap, 1 base hit up the middle and a deep fly ball caught near the fence. 7-ks, 0 earned runs and a 4-1 win in the circle. Then she went out Sunday and struck out another Seven against the same org's 12u team. Two top notch days in the circle.

Lows-4 ks and zero hits on Sunday against some Mediocre pitching in 12u. Also let a ball between the wickets while playing third on Sunday.

her coach ripped her a new one over her fielding and hitting...again. I left it to her to deal with the last time it happened but now I have to step in. Still trying to figure out what to do. I would think that it is a pretty easy thing to just accept that your #1 pitcher is not a reliable third baseman and is a streaky hitter.

I feel for her JJ... my DD as a Freshman, on JV, was asked to join Varsity for their Spring Break Tournament. She pinched ran 1 time, didn't slide into 2B on a FC... HC pulled her off the side and ripped into her... in another game, another player did the same thing, and the HC again ripped into my DD who was sitting the bench... We laugh about it now, but at the time it wasn't pretty. He also ripped into the Freshmen catcher for 3 innings (everytime they came into bat) because she over ran 2B on a SAC Bunt and the other team threw behind her... thing is she dove back and was safe.... UGH

Just tell her to be a duck.... let the water just roll off the back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207