Recruiting question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2015
Do you contact the coach to set up the unofficial visit or do you do it through admissions? If the camp is on a Sunday - can you do it on a Saturday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Do you contact the coach to set up the unofficial visit or do you do it through admissions? If the camp is on a Sunday - can you do it on a Saturday?

We set up our unofficial visits through our TB coach since the college coaches were able to return their calls. You can also call the coaches directly and if they pick up you can set it up yourself (they cannot return your calls until Sept of your DD's junior year). If the college coaches are not responsive you could go through admissions to set up a tour, but that would the same as any other student who inquired and would not show any level of interest by the college coaches in recruiting your DD. An admissions tour would probably not include the athletic facilities.

Aug 26, 2015
It's been a little over a decade since I was in college and these threads fascinate me. The extent you have to go to and the mental grind of it all. Official visits.....unofficial visits.....call this person.....don't call this one at THIS time.....call this person through a 3rd party (your TB coach).....camps....showcases.....clinics.

From the outside looking in, it looks overblown and exhausting. I'm sure while in the process, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal because of the true goal (getting DD in the best school for her future as an adult). I can't say I'm looking forward to DD's college search. At least I have a while before I have to think about it. She's only 9.

Nov 18, 2013
It's been a little over a decade since I was in college and these threads fascinate me. The extent you have to go to and the mental grind of it all. Official visits.....unofficial visits.....call this person.....don't call this one at THIS time.....call this person through a 3rd party (your TB coach).....camps....showcases.....clinics.

From the outside looking in, it looks overblown and exhausting. I'm sure while in the process, it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal because of the true goal (getting DD in the best school for her future as an adult). I can't say I'm looking forward to DD's college search. At least I have a while before I have to think about it. She's only 9.

Sadly at the pace early recruiting is going she could be verballed in just a few years.

Aug 26, 2015
Sadly at the pace early recruiting is going she could be verballed in just a few years.
I'm careful to never say never, but I can't see my DD knowing which university will equip her for the future in the next few years. I'm not even sure she'd want to by then. Plus, she doesn't pitch so i doubt it. Even if it's not SB related, though, it still seems daunting to me.

Sep 28, 2015
I'm careful to never say never, but I can't see my DD knowing which university will equip her for the future in the next few years. I'm not even sure she'd want to by then. Plus, she doesn't pitch so i doubt it. Even if it's not SB related, though, it still seems daunting to me.

It really is a stressful process. I wish we started it as a sophomore but who knew! I feel for DD and all the girls going through the process.

Aug 26, 2015
It really is a stressful process. I wish we started it as a sophomore but who knew! I feel for DD and all the girls going through the process.

Your DD is fortunate to have a parent who is so dedicated to her goals. I commend you.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia

There is a lot of anxiety during the recruiting process and you feel like you are in a big game of musical chairs. Once your DD verbals you are relieved, but sometime I miss the excitement of watching for college coaches in the stands.

Sep 28, 2015
There is a lot of anxiety during the recruiting process and you feel like you are in a big game of musical chairs. Once your DD verbals you are relieved, but sometime I miss the excitement of watching for college coaches in the stands.

Haha.haha. That's exactly how it feels! I do like looking for coaches at the showcases but I don't like the feel of showcases. They just seem so individual to me. It's changed. But I am anxiously awaiting the day when my DD verbals. She works so hard all the time so I do feel it will happen when the time is right. Fingers crossed for all the girls !

Sep 28, 2015
So my DD went to a camp the other day (d2 school). She does very well. Sends a TY note to the coach and the response is they were very impressed with her skills and to keep them posted on her schedule Is this normal? If they are so impressed wouldn't they do something more? Be honest ....I can't take it. (Maybe lol)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut