Re-gripping a bat. Suggestions?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I am going to re-grip a bat for my DD. Any recommendations on what material to use (synthetic, leather, padded)? Anybody using the "Tatergrip"? DD is 9yo. bat is composite. Thanks in advance.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, Tater Grip is absolutely the best. Not only can I personalize my bats , but I don't need to wear batting gloves, if I don't want to. Do follow the instructions and watch the YouTube video, because it can be tricky to get the first one on.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Thanks Amy! I watched the YouTube commercial and instructional video last night. I was interested in the product, but wanted some opinions on what was best. DD has never liked wearing batting gloves, that sealed the deal. Ordering one today.

Sep 17, 2009
My wife's a big tennis player and she regripped one of my DDs bat with tennis grip (kind that rolls around the bat like tape). Seemed to work pretty well, made the handle a bit thicker though, it held up well and DD liked it.

Oct 19, 2009
I've done a number of bats for my daughter and her friends and used Rawlings leather bat grip and found it to be the best I had found and kids like it.

I like what I saw of the tater grip and will give it a try. :cool:

Thanks Amy!!!!!

I saw it on a web sight for $14.99 for the solid and $19.99 for the clear, the Rawlings has been $7.99 at the local sports store.

Oct 22, 2010
SO CAL
My kids like Cutters C-TACK™ Grip Tape Cutters Gloves: Performance Gloves & Grips
The ultimate in grip technology, C-TACK™ Grip Tape eliminates slippage, increases bat control, minimizes grip pressure, and reduces sting. Excellent with wood or aluminum bats. The grip is easily restored by simply wiping down with a damp cloth. Newly improved with a beveled edge for easier application and a more traditional feel.

▪ Machine Washable & Dryable
▪ Performs in All Weather Conditions
▪ Grip Continually Restores

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck