radar fun with batted ball speeds

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2008
DD is 13yo 5' 100 lbs looking at the rocketech 31''-22oz.Normally uses lighter bats around 19.5 or 20oz in 31'' length.Is this going to be to heavy a bat for her? Feel she could drive the ball further with the heavier bat but my not be able to handle the xtra weight.

Personally I wouldent make that jump. Looking at not only a 3 oz difference but 2.5 ounces of that difference is in the end. It will change her swing as far as hand path goes. But If you really want to make this jump winter is a perfect time to do this as in MHO she will need the time to make that adjustment.

If she is at the point of out growing her present bat and it is in your opinion to small for her , that would be the only time I would even consider making that switch.

The larger the mass the further down range the round will go but she will need the strength and proper mechanics with it to make it happen. Good luck on your decision.

Tim

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Thanks Bouldersdad,I may buy it and use it during winter workout outs off and on.Probably also get her something in between.Not sure what.Need a non-composite for travel league.I just heard so many good things about the bat.Open to suggestions.Uses a 31'' 19.5 or 20oz now composite.

Jun 16, 2010
DD says the rockettech swings "thru" the ball like its not there. No recoil. The composites always have varying amounts of recoil unless you hit it in the exact sweet spot, which isnt nearly as big as they want you to believe.

Jan 25, 2011
Friend just told me our travel league doesn't allow the Rocketech.Now looking at the Nanotech 31'' -12.
I wouldn't go less then the -10 IMO, my dd has a nano tek and it feels lighter then her stealth speed same size & weight at a -10.Nice bat by the way she used it more then her stealth,she now has a cf5 insane endloaded is real nice.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Friend just told me our travel league doesn't allow the Rocketech.Now looking at the Nanotech 31'' -12.

Can you explain this one to me and what part of PA you are located? The Rocketech is approved for ASA, USSSA, NSA, etc etc. How can it not be approved for play in a travel league?

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I wouldn't go less then the -10 IMO, my dd has a nano tek and it feels lighter then her stealth speed same size & weight at a -10.Nice bat by the way she used it more then her stealth,she now has a cf5 insane endloaded is real nice.

The Nano has a larger sweetspot and does swing much lighter than a RT of same length. The -12 is new for 2012, but I'd stick with the -10 and go 1" longer in length than a RT. DD had good pop w/ the Nano, but prefers an endload. For the big hitters with similar tastes, although its marketed as a SP bat, the soon to be released Nanotek Omega is endloaded (smallest size 34/26) and is ASA stamped so its FP legal (and USSSA etc)!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Pa sb dad,
My DD plays in the Delval league it is a travel team. League of township teams in Delaware county pa.She did play on a tourney team. Around my area it is rec team made up of players in the town.Only play in our small town.Then have a travel team from our town that travels to other towns in our county.Can only use players from your town/organization.Tourney teams around here can use players from all over.Such as Rage and Choas to name a few.Delval league no composites or double wall bats.They make the rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45