Indian or arrow?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Tell my DD that, we have a dozen 33-34 inch LS, Demarini, Anderson, and Ghost bats, and she is all over me for a prizm already. And she is only 13!!! This site should be for 18 and older so they yougins dont know when the new bats are out. hahahahaha

Oct 2, 2015
I agree but at least it is something to look at... when hitting live pitching the results appear to mirror what is seen above, in that one bat really isn't any better than any other. Again, it isn't my contention that any of these bats are better or worse than the others ... rather that none of them perform much better or worse than the other. The batter is what really matters.

I disagree.
I think many of the top Colleges do as well...
Since I saw many more Ghost bats this year on TV, than Xenos and DeMarini's

Just my opinion....

May 23, 2015
Tell my DD that, we have a dozen 33-34 inch LS, Demarini, Anderson, and Ghost bats, and she is all over me for a prizm already. And she is only 13!!! This site should be for 18 and older so they yougins dont know when the new bats are out. hahahahaha

HAHA It's always the Indian! Show her this thread that I made when the Ghost made it's debut. She probably wont believe it. Just buy her the bat dad. It's only money

https://www.discussfastpitch.com/so...ar-easton-ghost-exit-speed-radar-results.html

ez_softball

Life at the diamond...
Apr 14, 2017
I disagree.
I think many of the top Colleges do as well...
Since I saw many more Ghost bats this year on TV, than Xenos and DeMarini's

Just my opinion....

That's fine and everybody has the right to their opinion. This thread was my feeble attempt to back up my opinion that I believe the hitter is more important than the equipment. The .7mph difference in average ball exit speeds that I found converts into under 5 feet of travel on a well hit line drive. The data is what it is and you can either take it for what it's worth or attempt to invalidate it to support your opinion.

Either way I know that my 16yo DD isn't going to swing anything other than what she is comfortable with regardless of the data. Again, my daughter's gamer actually tested the worst in the data above and she has success with it including batting over 600 this last weekend and hitting (2) bombs.

Feb 14, 2014
This month, I discovered that it’s the arrow according to dd12. She has a USSSA Ghost 33/23. She used it at the Texas USSSA and USFA tournaments and batted .600 at both. Last week at the Jennie Finch tournament, they said the USSSA version was illegal, so she had to use her 33/23 Xeno - hello new average of .200 . I told her the change wouldn’t have that effect (and it sure didn’t cause her first strikeout since March), but she was insistent. Guess I’m buying the ASA version before fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
To get back to op, we have done quite a bit of exit velocity testing with numerous hitters and rarely did we get the same results with the same player and two different bats. I also think I can unscientifically say that different bats work better for different players.

DD had exit velocity checked at a p5 camp this month and her exit velocity increased nicely since the previous camp in the fall. Only difference was she went from a -10 Ghost to a -8 Ghost. Indian or arrow? I say Indian with the right arrow.

Oct 2, 2015
To get back to op, we have done quite a bit of exit velocity testing with numerous hitters and rarely did we get the same results with the same player and two different bats. I also think I can unscientifically say that different bats work better for different players.

DD had exit velocity checked at a p5 camp this month and her exit velocity increased nicely since the previous camp in the fall. Only difference was she went from a -10 Ghost to a -8 Ghost. Indian or arrow? I say Indian with the right arrow.

BINGO!!!

We have a winner!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles