question about obstruction

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 11, 2014
that wasn't the "if necessary game" either, if the above call had been made correctly, very easily could have been another game. which brings up another question: better to play in the hot afternoon sun or insanely late at night

been reading about an u10 tourny in which the championship game didnt start until 4am. am surprised at how many people replied that those late games are some of the best childhood memories.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I would have ejected the 1st baseman. :)

11PM? That is crazy. Since I became grandma, I have gotten used to saying "Sorry, we have to be going, now."

Mar 26, 2013
was a u6 game, so not life or death. ...
that wasn't the "if necessary game" either, if the above call had been made correctly, very easily could have been another game. which brings up another question: better to play in the hot afternoon sun or insanely late at night
This keeps getting better - 6U playing a double elim tourney late into the night. When does it become life or death - 8U? Don't you know the college scouts leave at 9pm?

been reading about an u10 tourny in which the championship game didnt start until 4am. am surprised at how many people replied that those late games are some of the best childhood memories.
I've read about some overnight tournaments in a midwest dome. The parents said it was fun - the first time.

Jul 9, 2009
IL
I've read about some overnight tournaments in a midwest dome. The parents said it was fun - the first time.

In a few locations play goes on 24/7 from Friday evening to perhaps early Sunday evening. There's only so much indoor space to use during the winter months.

May 11, 2014
When does it become life or death - 8U? Don't you know the college scouts leave at 9pm?

My comment about life or death was directed towards whether or not someone would answer a question from a first time poster(very grateful for the reply). As a proud parent of a United States Marine, i think i have a pretty good handle on what constitutes life or death. While the college scouts may leave at 9pm, it seems all the travel team coaches only come out at night.

May 11, 2014
softball is foreign to me, as we were a baseball family. Apparently, hardcore travel ball in arkansas starts at the 6u. The local "big dog" travel team has been known to cut players at the 6u division (have a team in each division). As far as my granddaughters team is concerned they are just a bunch of local kids who enjoy playing (anything).

May 24, 2013
So Cal
softball is foreign to me, as we were a baseball family. Apparently, hardcore travel ball in arkansas starts at the 6u. The local "big dog" travel team has been known to cut players at the 6u division (have a team in each division). As far as my granddaughters team is concerned they are just a bunch of local kids who enjoy playing (anything).

As it should be at that age.

Hold off on getting serious until 8U. ;)

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
As it should be at that age.

Hold off on getting serious until 8U. ;)

BTW, since we have no sarcasm font/symbol, that was definitely it.;) All night TB tournaments can be an absolute blast if given the proper venue, supervision and scheduling. I have been to several with my TB teams and have had nothing but fun with them. We even had one tournament where they brought in a gas fed fire pit so we could make smores which the makings were provided by the TD. Yes we played all night but that was one of the things the girls looked forward to at the younger ages. Once they got older (second year 14U), all they want to do is sleep...lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi