Push/Stride Length

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2008
Bill, he didn't say you thanked me. He said that you had at least thanked 2 people with that little button, and he wanted me to erase that zero thanks by hitting the little button. I mean I know you WANT to thank me sometimes.......:p

Nov 25, 2012
USA
BUMP- some good information buried in here that was a good reminder for me so thought I would bump.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
One of my favorite threads that helped me in a transition time in my learning. Also, about the time that JS was gaining respect and started becoming a DFP regular/guru.

Jan 27, 2014
Is she still pitching in games? If not and all else is well, I'd let her work it out. Timing, release point, etc., usually works itself out when all else is good.

Stride length varies. I like to see kids work toward the most powerful stride they can generate and still maintain control. Find the limit and train past it from time to time. When working on being more explosive, pitch into a net or backstop up close. Then take it out to regular distance and work up to the point of losing control, then back off until she finds that sweet spot.

I have seen a couple kids who were so limber that they got stretched out too far to get a stable plant. They weren't driving as hard as they needed to compliment their reach. They would either need to adjust the reach or develop a little more umph to get into a good position at plant.

Hope that helps,
Ken

This describes my daughter. 38" inseam and so flexible she can pull her back leg straight up like a standing split. She loses all stability when she drives out too far. I once saw her fall to the ground, after throwing a strike... Gonna show this to her.

Jan 27, 2014
BUMP- some good information buried in here that was a good reminder for me so thought I would bump.

Didn't realize this was a bump until after the fact but yes, very good information. Thanks for bumping this, in our house it's much needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan