Pure barrels or cut!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Look at the whole sequence folk. Learn from the details. Watch every batters back swing.

99% of the discussion/arguments on this site miss the most important components of athletics.

I dont have a problem w this guys drill. I understand what he trying to get. There are a few important things he leaves out(I think on purpose).

Pls enlighten me on what we have been missing in the hitting threads on this site. I love details.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
What do you believe doesn't work here? When he walks into to talk to her, he displays what she was doing previously, coming out of her posture and front shoulder flying open.. you don't think her posture has improved in the swings she took in this video segment?
@julray it was a QUESTION!
An analytical ambiguous question. Was not directed at you. Was not directed at the batter. Simply tagged along with the conversation someone brought up about fraud.

From time to time read your post and can see how you have a standpoint on hitting. Which is absolutely fine!
(wether i agree or not)
Can see how you speak to your standpoint and try to defend it.
While I on the other hand, understand and recognize and acknowledge diversity in hitting. That not everybody hits the same way and not everybody is going to. Don't think everybody should.

Have mechanics i believe in and teach. Am a successful hitter. Teach softball players hitting and they are successful.
STILL have an open mind towards others doing what THEY Want!

Hitting has timing involved and that preparation to get the body moving is triggered by a person's brain. Coupled with their Vision. Coupled with their philosophy on pitch selection. How their body's utilizes ability of quickness or strength and learn where to find it differs. Flexibilty differs to.

Still teaching hitting over 30 years,... would say just about every batter has individual nuances that play a role in the outcome even with same mechanics. They're hitting mechanics look similar in larger picture. However there are individual nuances to
mechanics that they will have to define with their individual body and brain. The outcome usually has slight differences.
Yet still successful!

Last edited:
May 23, 2015
I dont have a problem w this guys drill. I understand what he trying to get. There are a few important things he leaves out(I think on purpose).

Pls enlighten me on what we have been missing in the hitting threads on this site. I love details.
If you dont understand and recognize details then you shouldn't be coaching hitting. It cones from experience and logical thinking.

Successful hitters seek advice from people who have a real track record and were successful hitters. The "gurus" are selling whatever they can conjure up. Creating a problem to find a solution is madness

What you've been missing? The ball

May 12, 2016
Look at the whole sequence folk. Learn from the details. Watch every batters back swing.

99% of the discussion/arguments on this site miss the most important components of athletics.
Yes I know you have an issue with technology, that's quite clear. That's something you are probably going to have to deal with at some point.

The instructor in this video is working with the young lady to improve her posture and Stay connected. We are getting a small snippet of what they are working on, we have no idea what he’s worked on prior with her or after this video. We have no idea what her swing looked like previously, how long he’s been working with her or how much she has improved.

I simply referenced an instructor that could help with posture since he talks about it a lot and he has helped so many others with the same issue.

Just because an instructor posts their content on Instagram and/or YouTube doesn’t make them a fraud.

Q I just posted this to help explain what I was talking about and give you a reference to a good instructor in relation to posture.. if you don’t agree or it doesn’t help, it’s all good. cheers

May 23, 2015
Yes I know you have an issue with technology, that's quite clear. That's something you are probably going to have to deal with at some point.
I throughly embrace tech every day and every lesson. I do not embrace some random "guru" selling their wares. If tech was so great you would be seeing significant increases in stats across the board. You would see group A who lives on tech outpacing group B who doesn't. It just doesn't happen for any sport. 3rd world countries are overrunning everyone for a reason. I unring bells every day

I'll never tell someone who or what they should believe. I dont care. I do care when moms and dads put trust in this site and others thinking that the only way to sucess is paying or following these clowns. If they were so good they would be making millions and highly desired by every single sports organization in the world

Love the game, play the game, don't get confused by the game

May 12, 2016
@julray it was a QUESTION!
An analytical ambiguous question. Was not directed at you. Was not directed at the batter. Simply tagged along with the conversation someone brought up about fraud.

From time to time read your post and can see how you have a standpoint on hitting. Which is absolutely fine!
(wether i agree or not)
Can see how you speak to your standpoint and try to defend it.
While I on the other hand, understand and recognize and acknowledge diversity in hitting. That not everybody hits the same way and not everybody is going to. Don't think everybody should.

Have mechanics i believe in and teach. Am a successful hitter. Teach softball players hitting and they are successful.
STILL have an open mind towards others doing what THEY Want!

Hitting has timing involved and that preparation to get the body moving is triggered by a person's brain. Coupled with their Vision. Coupled with their philosophy on pitch selection. How their body's utilizes ability of quickness or strength and learn where to find it differs. Flexibilty differs to.

Still teaching hitting over 30 years,... would say just about every batter has individual nuances that play a role in the outcome even with same mechanics. They're hitting mechanics look similar in larger picture. However there are individual nuances to
mechanics that they will have to define with their individual body and brain. The outcome usually has slight differences.
Yet still successful!
Thanks for the lecture.. but it has nothing to do with Q's question or what we are talking about right now. I am not trying to push what I believe on anybody here.. I am simply responding to Q's question.

I commend you on your ability to be diversified and flexible.. congratulations. I get the impression that you do not believe I am. I believe there are fundamentals to a HL swing, it's evident in all the best hitters in the world. I've said on numerous occasions including to you that not all hitters are the same. So why don't you get off my case every time I post, and stop lecturing me on having an open mind. This is not useful content .. you can always PM me and we can chat. But right now I am discussing Q's question.. try to have an open mind about that

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
Back elbow is outracing the hands, she's dragging the bat. I also feel she could do a little better job of maintaining posture, her body does stand a little taller at launch.

She looks very athletic though, meaning she can probably get a way with it to some extent.

BINGO! Yep she is dragging her bat, elbows are pulling the bat. She hits a lot of high fly balks on the left side and a few over the fence.

May 12, 2016
I throughly embrace tech every day and every lesson. I do not embrace some random "guru" selling their wares. If tech was so great you would be seeing significant increases in stats across the board. You would see group A who lives on tech outpacing group B who doesn't.
How do you know this? I've seen significant increases in run production, HR's hit, etc. Is this related to technology and analytics.. IDK. But I can't say it isn't either. If you embrace technology every and every lesson I would think you would have more faith in it.

It just doesn't happen for any sport. 3rd world countries are overrunning everyone for a reason. I unring bells every day

I'll never tell someone who or what they should believe. I dont care. I do care when moms and dads put trust in this site and others thinking that the only way to sucess is paying or following these clowns. If they were so good they would be making millions and highly desired by every single sports organization in the world

Love the game, play the game, don't get confused by the game
Nor do I, I tell them what I believe. There is nobody on here promoting moms and dads to pay any of these instructors. Is that what you think we are doing here, advertising and promoting? But we do have content to help explain the point we are trying to get across.... I am grateful that these professional instructors take the time upload their content so we have access to it. Calling somebody a clown because they upload their content is a little much?

With all that being said nothing beats going to the park and actually playing the game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes