Proud of our 12U team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2022
The first weekend in April my daughter's 12U team was in a stacked USSSA tournament in South Jersey featuring 24 high level teams from CT, NY, NJ, PA, MD, and DE. Right out of the gate our first game was against a team who is a top 10 national USSSA team. It was a pitchers duel and our opponent scraped out 1 run in the 5th inning and that proved to be the only run. So even though we lost 1-0, it proved to our girls that we can play with any team in our area. After going 2-1 on Saturday, we battled through the Sunday Gold bracket finding ourselves up by a couple runs against a tough team from MD in the semis. The rains came, and after a 30-40 min delay we go back on defense and our pitcher lost her form and we gave up the lead and lost the game by a run.

We had a lot of success in the Fall in smaller tournaments, so it's not a Cinderella story, but being a hair away from the championship game in such a high level regional tournament felt great. Our team is not a national "name" team. We're just a consistent organization that generally puts good teams on the field. Our 12U added 4 new girls this Fall (my daughter included) and basically from our first tournament in the Fall it all just gelled and we've caught lightning in a bottle. My daughter had loved her time with the team and we're really enjoying the ride.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom