Proud of DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
DD (15YO) had alot of highs and lows in Spring and Summer (ugh). Biggest low was acquisition of an obvious hop & replant which caused IP chants (although not actual calls) in HS ball playoffs, and got inside her head. It cropped up in summer as well, with occasional IP warnings. Major goal once TB stopped was to fix the problem. She had some good suggestions on how to do that from new PC. and she worked really hard at it. I have to say I was not hopeful because of everything I had read about how difficult an issue it is to fix. But she did it in about 8 weeks and maintained her new mechanics this weekend in TB play, without reverting back to the bad habit. not a 65mph story, but an achievement none-the-less.:)

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
Sigh.... a pitcher's work is never done.:)
There are several goals: first one mental; two mechanical; two pitch-specific
(1) Relax and let her mechanics do the work in the game (i.e. don't get all inside your own head)!
(2) Stay TALL
(3) Increase RPM for movement pitches to high teens (now is @ 14-15)
(4) Develop confidence in CB inside to RHB both low and high in the zone (she is LHP)
(5) Spot her screwball (thanks to GOINGDEEP & others for inspiration)

oh and hopefully pitch varsity if 1-5 go well; and gain 1-2 mph if 1 and 2 go well.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
I am trying to convince her that mental imagery is helpful. Trying to get her to read about it, but it is an uphill battle so far, hence an area for improvement and at the top of the "to do" list.

Jul 17, 2012
I am trying to convince her that mental imagery is helpful. Trying to get her to read about it, but it is an uphill battle so far, hence an area for improvement and at the top of the "to do" list.

Somewhere on this forum, someone recommended a few books. I went ahead and ordered one of those books for DD to read. She's been driving me nuts to get her another book like the Jennie Finch book ever since she read it. The one I ended up getting is Heads Up Baseball. At first, she said it was boring... I guess because it wasn't the tale of her hero. I just told her to give it a chance and now she's about 1/2 way through. It's a slow read, but she said she's used some of the ideas in the book and it's helped her.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24