Protective mask for pitching?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2013
We were referred to the Rip-It from an older player who had used it and the plastic both and felt she didn't have as good of vision with the plastic, she also told us a girl on her team had the plastic one break (I don't know how). We've been very happy with the Rip-it for a few years use but had decided to try the new Boombah since we were in the market for new pads for the other mask anyways. We heard the Boombah mask allowed for an even better field of vision. Going to have to send it back as the straps don't fit the head as well as the Rip-it and the mask flops around during pitching or especially if using to field ground balls.

Jul 17, 2012
DD took one off the facemask in the fall. An absolute missile that she had ZERO chance to get any glove on. Scared the life out of her (and me), but no damage done. She was wearing a Rip It, so from experience, I can tell you it's a lifesaver.

Jun 19, 2013
DD took one off the facemask in the fall. An absolute missile that she had ZERO chance to get any glove on. Scared the life out of her (and me), but no damage done. She was wearing a Rip It, so from experience, I can tell you it's a lifesaver.

Glad she was ok and thanks for sharing because I keep wondering if I need to have her keep wearing. She would like to stop this year I think but I told her one more year. It's her first year at 14's and I know there are some big girls that will be hitting against her on 2nd year teams - and she started playing later than most of the gals so I feel like her reflexes might not be quite what they could be. I know it can be a heated topic on here, but I think for our family it's been a good choice so far.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Vdub. where'd you get the sun visor for the mask? Just bought my dd the schutt after using the rip it for the past few years.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
FTR...Both my DD's wear a Rip-It. And they're probably the only pieces of equipment I've never had to replace (lol).

Each year it's one or two of something...."Dad...I need new....." {Insert glove or bat or cleats or pants or socks or batting gloves or water bottles...etc}...but they've never asked for a new face mask :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877