Pre-game warm up infield outfield

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Axe

Jul 7, 2011
Atlanta
Do people really run lots of pregame fielding drills on a field that's just been prepped for a game? Seems like poor form to me. Nothing inside the baselines should be used for warmups.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
IDK about other parts of the country but around here, most TB warm-ups take place behind the fences or outside the fields since a lot of the facilities we play at have huge,open fields to warm-up on. We use throwdown bases to do what I described while the girls not starting the game and HC attend the pregame meeting with the umpires. If we're really pushed for time or have to warm-up further away from the field we're playing on, we may just go to the field and hit grounders in the outfield and simulate throwdowns and snaps there. Occasionally, there are baseball fields that aren't being used that they allow teams to warm-up on. Depends on the situation.

On the other hand, the HS teams around here actually warm-up on the dressed fields as far as IF goes because there really isn't anywhere else for them to warm-up. They may take about 15 minutes each on the IF after doing everything else in the OF. It's not unusual to see this happen although I understand what you're saying.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma