Power V

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
A somewhat common usage of the term "Power-Vee" is of the "RVP Connection Point Position" (what I often call the 'short-to' position), where the swing passes through and has the "top hand" + "rear elbow" + "rear shoulder" all roughly aligned in a common plane with the "rear hip". The notion is to have a Power-Vee orientation of the rear arm that is 'upright'.

a1q1y0.jpg

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Yes Mann, a common usage for the term ... and perhaps one of the more popular usages for the term.

it would make for a great and very long thread to get into all the terms that are used today.
I can see why parents and players can be so confused over the ever changing term definitions.

Like power L, although not as many variations as power V.
Years ago i asked what "getting sat" meant, we are still discussing this today, years later.

Sep 17, 2009
it would make for a great and very long thread to get into all the terms that are used today.
I can see why parents and players can be so confused over the ever changing term definitions.

Like power L, although not as many variations as power V.
Years ago i asked what "getting sat" meant, we are still discussing this today, years later.

You know what would be really interesting would be to do it wikipedia style, where anyone can come in and add/edit an entry in a hitting encyclopedia....I'm not sure there would be consensus or a final word on edits for even the simplest of terms and concepts :)

May 12, 2008
Every new guru invents new terms and twists old terms. Right View being a recent case in point. An important distinction is between cues and reality based terms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck