Power Carbon Feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2019
Thanks for response. I think the drop had more to do with it. Watching her at practice as we speak & consistent lines drives with the -10 Carbon 1. Let's see if trend continues

Also she never complained about any stinging with her PC. So that wasn't an issue for us.

It sounds like Xeno is the bat for your daughter. Why even bother with another PC. I can see trying the Carbon 1 if you already have it but one piece bats generally give more negative feedback.
The knock on the PC ‘s 19/20 from the reviews I have read is it wrings/stings your hands especially on off center hits. I would suspect that most younger hitters don’t like bat sting. I know mine don’t. Some older hitters have commented they use the sting to adjust/improve swing.
If I’m swinging a bat and it consistently stings it’s coming out of my bag and not going to be used.
[/QU

Jun 8, 2016
Thanks for response. I think the drop had more to do with it. Watching her at practice as we speak & consistent lines drives with the -10 Carbon 1. Let's see if trend continues

Also she never complained about any stinging with her PC. So that wasn't an issue for us.
My 75 lb 9YO swings a Carbon 1 and doesn't complain about stinging..if she doesn't then 125 lb teenage girls shouldn't have an issue 😉

It does sound different though..after a foul ball this past weekend the umpire asked to check the bat since apparently he had never heard a composite bat sound like that..lol!!

Apr 28, 2019

Glad she found something that works well for her HH.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thanks @Core.

Think it may be weight. It's a -11 & swung a teammate's -10 Xeno much better last practice. Consistent hits to point of complement from Coach to me after practice

There is your issue. I mean, you are doing a drop11 in a balanced bat that is fairly close to sticker, and she tried
a Xeno which is a drop10 and overweight. Def means a drop11 shouldn't be in her hands. Too light of a bat is just as bad as
too heavy of a bat.

Again, most of the time, its not the bat's issue itself...its that something isn't right with the choice weight/size/feel...yada yada.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Both DD's swing the PC 33/24 (F19 and now a F20). The sting some mention has never been an issue. Not sure what some mean by "front loaded"? They like it better than the Ghost 33/23 and the 34/24 and better than the DeMarini 34/24. They've hit well with all of them but the Mizuno is their current "go to" bat.

May 1, 2019
There is your issue. I mean, you are doing a drop11 in a balanced bat that is fairly close to sticker, and she tried
a Xeno which is a drop10 and overweight. Def means a drop11 shouldn't be in her hands. Too light of a bat is just as bad as
too heavy of a bat.

Again, most of the time, its not the bat's issue itself...its that something isn't right with the choice weight/size/feel...yada yada.

Found out quickly it's now too light. Guess summer growth moved it out of effectiveness for her...lol. Glad we had the -10 already as a backup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06