Possible relocation - St. Louis

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 22, 2011
One option for our family is moving to St Louis for work relo. I'm looking for recommendations on:
1. A good school district (elem-HS for all my kids) - outside of St Louis
2. with a good HS softball program...with a leader who just happens to coach softball:)
3. Options for an ASA programs
4. Pitching coach - My daughter is 14 and a pitcher. She is not fast (cruze 48), but does have rotations anywhere 15-19 based on revfire. She is tall and hoping she has tons of potential if she gets to the right environment and instruction as she does now.

I know nothing about this area and I'm just starting to check into schools, etc before we make any decisions.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
The Parkway and Rockwood school districts are 2 of the best in the state of Missouri. Many of the high schools also rank in the top 100 public schools in the country. Eureka in the Rockwood district and South in the Parkway district have the stronger softball teams. My DD is also 14 and will attend Parkway West. There are many, many private high schools in the area as well. St. Joseph's Academy is an all girls school that made the final four in the state for large schools last year.

There are also many strong clubs that play a primarily ASA schedule.

There are also a number of pitching coaches to choose from. Rob Cooper, Cindy Zelinsky and Jim Greiner are a few I'm familiar with. They have all worked with strong pitchers.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have about the area. I

Jan 31, 2011
We had a great player move to the St. Louis area. She now plays on the St. Louis Chaos. I hear that is a good TB organization.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
We had a great player move to the St. Louis area. She now plays on the St. Louis Chaos. I hear that is a good TB organization.
Chaos is one of the better organizations in the area.

There are a lot of really good travel teams on the Illinois side. I'm not sure how the school districts are rated. Cindy Z that I mentioned before gives lessons in Collinsville IL.

Sep 11, 2009
We are looking on the IL side...so I guess technically it could be areas in IL (close to St. Louis).

O'Fallon, IL has a very good school district, community, etc. The high school has a very good softball program. I grew up there...

However, I now live in St. Charles county (MO) and my wife teaches in the Francis Howell school district and my DD goes to Francis Howell High School. I am also a coach for the Missouri Warcats Softball organization (Missouri Warcats). So I guess I would recommend moving into the Francis Howell school district (Francis Howell High School boundaries - there are 3 high schools in the district) and trying out for the Warcats! :)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
OK so I am biased. The up and coming organization on the East Side if you are talking college exposure, practice facilities, accessibility to college coaches, former college coaches coaching teams ... is the Extreme Elite. I'd never say that they are the "best" because that is up to each family's particular needs. For us, they were/are fantastic. My dd played in front of so many college coaches. She played on fields ranging from the U. of Missouri to SIUE. They do so many things right. They have speed and weight lifting coaches who have done so at the D-I level. They play in a number of exposures from Colorado to the Sparks in Chicago to the St. Louis Exposure Tournament. Well, I could go on and on. As per that school I can't say much. I'd be breaking the IHSA rules. LOL!

The aforementioned Cindy Zelinski is one of the coaches in the Extreme Elite organization. She and Celeste Knierim are both in the NFCA Hall of Fame and both have won hundreds of games at the collegiate level. Thus, their availibility to other college coaches. Our team has it's own practice facilites and also uses the Athletix Factory.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55