Anyone use the xeno vs the xeno plus for an 11 yo

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 2, 2015
My 11 year old has been playing softball for a couple seasons now. She's been pitching and with all the work she's put in has gonna good. Her little league team just won district and is heading to state. She also just got picked up my a club or traveling team here in New Mexico. I want to get her a better bat than she's using and have heard good things about the xeno. I'm wanting to decide between the 2015 xeno ($199) and the plus (299) just wondering if anyone has experience with both and can make recommendations. Also she's been batting with a 32" 19 oz demarini bustos at -13 looks like the xeno only makes a -11. She probably should be swinging a 31" bat but she's been choking up on it a little for the faster pitchers and she routinely hits 60mph at the cages with the bat choked up. Does anyone think this bat will be too heavy for her at 11? She's 5' talk about 100lbs very athletic build. I'd love to try one first but I don't see a demo facility in my area. Any and all help would be appreciated. I'm new to the forum and hoping to learn as much as possible. Also what the heck is a dd?

Thank you,

Rob

DD = Darling Daughter (the real meaning)

DD = Dollar Drainer

DD = Dumba** Dad

I'd get her a 31/21 Xeno in the 2015 model. If you just can't bear the thought of getting her a shorter bat, then get her a 2015 Xeno in 32/21. No need to pay the extra $100 for an 11-year-old of her size. There really isn't much (if any) difference in the two bats and the 2015s are super-hot and durable.

Just remember that either bat will be quite a bit heavier than the -13 she swings now. And she needs to upgrade, now. There is no place for a -13 bat in travel ball for any girl much over the age of 8, and even that is debatable.

Jul 2, 2015
Thanks little angels I appreciate the reply. I didn't know the -13 was that bad. Guess I wanted to get her something light but sounds like it's time for an upgrade

May 24, 2013
So Cal
For her age and size, I would DEFINITELY not recommend anything lighter than -11. IMO, the -13 Bustos is a crutch for very young kids just learning the game.

For comparison, my 10yo DD (5', 90+lbs) carries a Demarini CF6 31/20 and a Miken Freak Black 31/21. Most of the time she uses the MFB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi