Playing up?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
One more thing to consider-14U pitching rubber is 43' starting in 2011.
12U is 40'

It's still 40' for ASA. USSSA is 43' in 13u and up, NSA is 43' for 14u. So much for playing any USSSA or NSA "Friendlies" for us this year, but then California has always been mostly ASA. No idea about little league, that's an east coast thing.

-W

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I have heard it said here a few times and this is my opinion:

If a player at any age is dominant she should think about playing at a higher level. If she is playing rec she should move to tb in the same age group; if she is tb she should move to next age group (as long as she will get playing time).

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
It's still 40' for ASA. USSSA is 43' in 13u and up, NSA is 43' for 14u. So much for playing any USSSA or NSA "Friendlies" for us this year, but then California has always been mostly ASA. No idea about little league, that's an east coast thing.

-W

Interesting on ASA staying at 40'. I would expect a change coming your way since the other sanctioning bodies
are making the switch to 43. It makes sense that my DD (HS freshman) will pitch at 43 for school but would have had
to go back to 40' for travel. Logic is what changed the rule, sounds like ASA will be behind the times

Jul 26, 2010
Interesting on ASA staying at 40'. I would expect a change coming your way since the other sanctioning bodies
are making the switch to 43. It makes sense that my DD (HS freshman) will pitch at 43 for school but would have had
to go back to 40' for travel. Logic is what changed the rule, sounds like ASA will be behind the times

Yeah we were all surprised when they voted last month not to change for 2011. Generally when you get a bunch of old men in a room with the task of making decisions, failure is imminent.

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1