Player skipping this weekend with regular team to guest for another!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2012
so is the HCs dd the #1 pitcher and ACs dd #2 and so on down the line.You said yourself this girl will never be the #1,why?Sounds to me the whole story has some major gaps.How can you know for a fact,what makes you the person that has all the all mighty wisdom that this girl will never get good enough to take the #1 spot away from the other girls?Lets just say that Iam willing to ask,the question and if you don't like too bad!

Quite the opposite...The HC's daughter is a catcher and mine is the #3 or #4 pitcher,yet I'm not complaining because I'm slightly more realistic. Way too many fathers out there that see something entirely different when they look at their daughters abilty,talent,etc...

And NO, the story doesn't have any gaps...the story goes as I explained it. This girl is our starting LF and even that is probably a stretch, but because she has shown dedication over some other girls she has been given the opportunity. She obviously feels that she should be pitching and is definitely on the wrong team becasue she won't see any meaningful circle time. After the stunt she pulled this past weekend, it won't ever happen now.

And I know that this girl will never be our #1 because I know our #1 and #2 are WAY better than she is. Could she move up to #3? Yes, but not any higher on this team.

Are you unable to judge talent/ability/potential when you see it?

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Ultimately, this situation will work itself out, because one way or the other, this family will no longer be a significant part of your team. If she does really well pitching for this other team, she will leave anyway - there is nothing you can do to stop that. This would have happened whether she guested on a tournament weekend or an off weekend. If she gets knocked around and otherwise has a poor weekend, she will come back with her tail between her legs. At that point, if it were up to me, she would see her LF time decrease significantly, and give you opportunities to reward your other players for sticking with the team. There is no downside here, since she has already made the decision to look elsewhere.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
If she is really #5 or #6, and her parents want her to be a pitcher, she was going to leave at some point. If this is a good opportunity for her, I would wish her luck and let her go. It is towards the end of the season and she may see it as her only opportunity to find a new team. Try not to take it personally. Pitchers need to pitch. Even lesser pitchers.

Jun 15, 2011
Parents of pitchers should have a different agenda than those of other players. Everyone wants to be on a winning team but finding circle time is absolutely essential to improvement. Any parent who aspires for their dd to grow as a pitcher needs to make sure they find a team where their daughter is in the top 2. If not they are going to be extremely disappointed. It has been my experience that #1 and #2 will get the majority of the innings. If you find yourself outside of that you are better off on a team that might not be as competitive but your dd is in the rotation. You won't improve without circle time.

But this needs to be sorted out before you commit. Once you commit you now have an obligation to your team. The problem I've noticed with many parents is their inability to take their emotion out of evaluating their own dds. Most think their dds are better than they are.Many times they place their daughters in a situation where they end up behind other kids because they can't see that these kids are just better. If you have a pitcher you are better off pitching for the Bad News Bears than watching for the NY Yankees.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves