Player Confidence on Decline

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Every Daddy describes his own DD this way. You need to start looking at your DD more objectively. What is "aggressive"? What is "smart"? I understand she is 11YOA and isn't going to be a perfect fielder. The real question is what percentage of the time does she field the ball correctly, what percentage of the time does she throw correctly, and what percentage of the time does she make correct decisions.

I agree with that...I had that problem for a little bit. It's self fulfilling to some degree, but you will be able to help her a lot more when you can look at her skill set objectively.

I would get her to a better environment though. Life is too short to have DD a mess this early in the game.

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
my 2 cents. I consider yelling a level 1 offense, yelling plus kicking over a bucket of balls in anger, something even worse that speaks to anger management issues. I just don't think it is OK for an adult male to routinely yell at an 11 YO girl who has made a mistake on the field - it is intimidating and frightening. Plus I don't want my daughter to think it is OK for someone to yell at her- to firmly correct her yes, to be disappointed in her play, OK; to take her out of the game for a repeated error, understandable- but none of these actions require yelling or physical displays of anger.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quickpitch