Planning For 14U Nationals--Q

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
One of the goals outlined in our schedule for Spring/Summer is to go to 14U Nationals. I'm a parent, so I'm wondering what does a team need to do to go to Nationals? I read somewhere else a local team is going and they need to fundraise to stay 7 nights in hotels--they won Western Regionals as a 12U A team. Does that automatically qualify them? They will be a 14U A team this year and they are very good. Anyway, wondering what we need to do to get to Nationals, and should we start reserving rooms in case we go.

Thanks!

Mar 26, 2013
I assume you're talking about ASA/USA Nats in San Diego. If so, NW Xplosion 00 gets an automatic berth for winning Westerns last year and Rip City Rage also gets one for coming in second.

There are several types of ASA qualifiers where your team can earn a berth.
- The local association championship where your team is registered (e.g. Wash State or Seattle Metro - both have 1 berth).
- Your Northwest region should have a Regional Qualifier for just the teams in your region (2 berths).
- Your Northwest region should have a National Qualifier that is open to all teams (1 berth).
- Another region's National Qualifier.

Rooms in hotels near the field are usually blocked out and released to teams as they qualify.

Jun 21, 2010
You assumed correctly. Thanks so much for all the info. I'm booking hotels for this coming spring/summer season and I'm finding hotel rooms lacking already.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA