pitching to a lefty

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
If you were calling pitches to an extremely high speed lefty who is a very good drag bunter, but who is only mediocre as a slapper or power hitter, how would you pitch to her. assume the pitcher can locate fastball & changeup well, & is not throwing movement pitches well yet.

Sep 3, 2009
I like this question alot. If you don't mind me adding this question too... how about a good slapper, but weak bunter?

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
High and inside. Rise ball that moves into the hands is almost impossible to hit. DD is a good slapper, bunter and can hit for power. She get's more than her share of hit by pitcher to the helmet. Weak slappers normally are bailing out to first base. Those I pitch the drop curve. Keep it low and outside. To me my DD loves the down and in. She can do just about anything she wants with that pitch, based on using the cross over slap and bunt style, taught by most colleges. I have seen some say a change up. That only works if you are trying to get them to hit the ball out of the batters box and get it called. Good Luck on that. I have seen it happen once in 4 years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA