Pitching speeds from Champions Showcase skills challenge in Marietta, GA Nov 2012

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
Melky Cabrera was considered a great hitter until he got caught cheating

General Patraeus was considered a great leader . . . until he got caught cheating (on his wife)

Danny Almonte was considered a great pitcher . . . until he got caught cheating (being 14 playing in 12u LL world series)

Bill Belichek was considered a great coach. . . until he got caught cheating

Lance Armstrong was considered a great athlete. . . until he got caught cheating.

It's ok for people to have standards.

-W

Not one of these examples is a fair comparison. I am the first to say that crow hopping drives me nuts. However, comparing crow hopping to someone using steroids is ridiculous.

Lets keep in mind that this is a sophomore in high school that has a flaw in her mechanics!

Jul 26, 2010
That's why people like competitive sports. There is a winner, and a looser. There is cheating, and there is not cheating. There is not a grey area.

Look, it's clear that this young lady has boatloads of talent. The point is that until she fixes her mechanics, it's meaningless. Hopefully she will fix it and go on to become a superstar.

-W

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Cheating?

That's why I don't and can't watch NBA. Traveling is rarely called and it's turned into more of old street type of game.

As long as tickets are to be sold and money is to be made.............need I say more? I don't agree with it, but it comes down to the livelihood of umps/refs and the continuation of their job and the people or person who delivers the check.

Dec 7, 2011
That's why people like competitive sports. There is a winner, and a looser. There is cheating, and there is not cheating. There is not a grey area.

Look, it's clear that this young lady has boatloads of talent. The point is that until she fixes her mechanics, it's meaningless. Hopefully she will fix it and go on to become a superstar.

-W

I think you are right on here Stars.

To others - I don't think any of us here has been anything but critical to what appears to be crow-hopping from one picture. Nobody is questioning the fact that there is incedible talent involved with hurling a ball that fast. It always amazes me with people that think they have to go "in defense" of folks that are being used as talking points. I always envision folks like you as supporters of participation trophies and a ribbon of every color on your car to proclaim how much extra care and compassion you have........

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
she just won the PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD !!! so i guess alot of people are not seeing any crop hop either?

Jun 22, 2008
she just won the PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD !!! so i guess alot of people are not seeing any crop hop either?

That doesnt mean anything. Plenty of pitchers have won all kinds of awards and have been illegal. Fowler won all kinds of awards, championships etc and finally got called at the WCWS. Without seeing some decent video of her pitching there is no way of knowing what she is doing with her feet. The video that has been posted it is impossible to tell.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
That doesnt mean anything. Plenty of pitchers have won all kinds of awards and have been illegal. Fowler won all kinds of awards, championships etc and finally got called at the WCWS. Without seeing some decent video of her pitching there is no way of knowing what she is doing with her feet. The video that has been posted it is impossible to tell.
ECACTLY,but automatically she is being accused of being illegal???? and i don't know because i can't see it either? but every picture i could find? she was legal...

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2011
ECACTLY,but automatically she is being accused of being illegal???? and i don't know because i can't see it either? but every picture i could find? she was legal...

If you saw the original picture I posted and you can think of a way she can deliver without replanting I will PayPal ya $5.

But seriously I am willing to make a friendly wager at low stakes (since this is just based on one picture)