Pitching screens

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
How many of you guy, gals, use a pitching screen for your pitchers during batting practice? If so, what kind of screen do you use? Looking for a screen type that girls are comfortable using. Thanks in advance

Jul 3, 2013
I just bought a Louisville Slugger portable pitching screen from Wally World to pitch to my DD. About $70, light weight, breaks down relatively quickly. Not Bownet quick, though. I just throw it in the back of my truck, so I don't mess with the break down anyway. I have to duck just a tad for full protection, it's 6' tall.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
The Bow Screen (O-Net) is $80 through Bownet and installs right on the same frame as the Bow Net you probably already have. Works great, I'd advise putting something heavy on the legs to prevent it from moving due to line drives back at the pitcher.

Dec 11, 2010
I have the bownet screen. I have used it a lot but a hard line drive will move it farther than you think even if you have base staked due to the flex of the poles. I usually am only about 20' from the hitter, they can still sting yo pretty good. I just try to stick my glove hand out at the ball.

I also have an A Frame Net from morrowsports.com. Very sturdy but I am not fond of the net being held together with metal clips and the hole is not quite where I would put it but it is a good product.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Bownet Big Mouth Pitching Screen here also. Just make sure you're about 5' or so behind it because as others have said, even staked down, the poles will flex back enough to get you. I paid $70 for mine on Amazon.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Thanks for the replies. One more question, do your pitchers use these to pitch batting practice? Trying to find something our girls will be comfortable pitching through. Thanks again

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand