Pitching Machine

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Anybody have useful tips on using the atec. 2wheel machine. I've used the hack attack at one of the schools I coached at. It was very good once it was adjusted. Not trying to hi-jack the thread. I have a Atec and want to start using it for hitting and outfield drills.

Atecs are great too. Just keep in mind the more wheels you have the more fun pitches you can throw.

Merrill Danner

Relax and breathe!
Sep 26, 2012
74441 - Oklahoma
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I have been sitting and thinking of getting a machine, now after enough research, really liking the Hack Attack Jr. now a little more research and try and find a good price. Anyone got suggestions?
I see Amazon with one for around $1900.00
http://www.amazon.com/Attack-Softball-Pitching-Machine-Sports/dp/B0058QWZMC?ie=UTF8&colid=ICF5FOE1BQCA&coliid=I1T6LA2ZE321EK&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl

Anyone got a better price or preferred seller?

Consider also that you'll need to get balls. Need to get leather balls (not synthetic), and it's better to have leather balls designed for the machine (low seams) or these dimpled machine balls.

Baden Seamed Pitching Machine 12" Softballs (DZ) - Baseball Equipment and Gear

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
I have been sitting and thinking of getting a machine, now after enough research, really liking the Hack Attack Jr. now a little more research and try and find a good price. Anyone got suggestions?

Anyone got a better price or preferred seller?

If you want the best price your better off calling Hack Attack directly. With that particular company its a "no hassle, no haggle" pricing. Amazon is not supposed to go lower than MSRP, but if thats what they are advertising, I would suggest for you to snag it up. Buuuut if you have issues with the machine or need parts you have to go thru Amazon, not Sports Attack company.

You get what you pay for.........

May 16, 2016
Our rec league has hack attacks for use in the cages. It takes a bit of practice, but using a simulated windup, you reproduce the pitch timing pretty accurately. Definitely a nice pitching machine.

However, it's big and heavy. And would be difficult to drag out to a field. For field work, I'd probably opt for a single wheel machine like juggs or first pitch.

Jul 17, 2012
I think a single or dual wheel machine is just fine. How realistic it is for a hitter depends on your ability to feed the machine with a timing mechanism for the hitter. I can do an arm circle and give myself the visual that I threw the ball. On the other side of that, I've seen coaches just stand there and drop balls into the feeder with no timing mechanism. That's useless in my opinion. It's also a good idea to mix in front toss and live pitching. The First Strike machines are just as good as the Jugs machines, and you can save yourself a few bucks.

Merrill Danner

Relax and breathe!
Sep 26, 2012
74441 - Oklahoma
Called the company, they said that right now Amazon has the best deal and that they fully support the machine after 30 days, when Amazon stops supporting it.
Sports Attack also said that Amazon has the newest models and that the price should be increasing soon, since the cost of manufacturing increased.

So yes, it stung a little bit but i bought one and 3 dozen of the of AD Starr machine balls.

I guess we are entering into a new phase of hitting.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Called the company, they said that right now Amazon has the best deal and that they fully support the machine after 30 days, when Amazon stops supporting it.
Sports Attack also said that Amazon has the newest models and that the price should be increasing soon, since the cost of manufacturing increased.

So yes, it stung a little bit but i bought one and 3 dozen of the of AD Starr machine balls.

I guess we are entering into a new phase of hitting.

Let us know how those AD Starr balls work out. We use the baden, regular and the featherlite.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I do not use a pitching machine for hitting. (For fielding yes.) if you have coaches that can toss the ball in there, that is great!

My Jugs machine never gets used. However I recently purchased a Jugs Lite flight and my 6 yo granddaughter loves it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06