Pitching Instruction

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 25, 2020
If my daughter is new to pitching, what instructor should I follow? Does said instructor have a developmental program I can follow? Thanks

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I would say try to learn what you can by reading and studying all the info on this site (the stickies up above on Drive Mechanics, etc..) but so many of the pictures and videos that used to be in there are no longer available. Also, some of the "gurus" who provided that info don't come around here much anymore. It still contains a lot of great info that if you take the time to go through it and gain an understanding of the fundamentals you will be less likely to fall victim to the less knowledgeable pitching coaches out there collecting $$$ for bad technique and harmful instruction. Sadly, Fastpitch Foundations seems to have a perennial "failure to launch" issue on the public side which is extremely unfortunate for those of us with DD's who have been in that pipeline!

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
If you are just getting started, would highly recommend the basic course. For the price of a lesson or two, you will have all the info you need to get off to a great start from a legit instructor. You will save yourself countless time, by taking a course like this, reading the stickies on this site, and visiting the pitching forum often.

Have fun with your journey and pack your patience. My oldest DD and I have become very close in part due to how much time we spend together pitching.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2012
USA
If my daughter is new to pitching, what instructor should I follow? Does said instructor have a developmental program I can follow? Thanks
HT, good luck on your journey in pitching! Reach out anytime if you need guidance! Pitching is not easy and takes a long time to master with the wrong coach but can be quickly mastered with the right one. Look for those who have been in the game and learning for years as they probably figured out how to do it right or they wouldnt still be around.

S3

May 3, 2018
houseofpitching.com for instructional videos. Once you've got those down, tincherpitching.com will help you locate a certified pitching coach near you to get to the next level.

Apr 20, 2017
First advice is run the other way!!!! Just kidding. It is a lot of work, time and money invested but the opportunities it can provide are big. Hillhouse’s house of pitching would be a great source if you are looking to do it more on your own. If interested in starting with an instructor I would look into Tincher Pitching.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles