Pitching Feedback-DeAnna

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Punch the glove out a little higher as in more toward 2:00 rather than 3:00. Given her shoulders are angled downward, I think the punching the glove toward 2:00 will level them a bit.

May 25, 2008
Pickerington Ohio
Not really big on drills... like to keep it all one fluid motion....

I have DD landing on heel then up on toe @ Transfer... JMHO :cool:

I hear you, not big on drills either unless I see something specific that can be corrected by a drill that isolates the attention on the problem.

You'll have to explain the landing on heel then up to toe @ transfer, not seeing where you are on that. I see a few pitchers that land flat footed, even fewer that land heel first, most land on ball of foot then rotate into heel plant.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I hear you, not big on drills either unless I see something specific that can be corrected by a drill that isolates the attention on the problem.

You'll have to explain the landing on heel then up to toe @ transfer, not seeing where you are on that. I see a few pitchers that land flat footed, even fewer that land heel first, most land on ball of foot then rotate into heel plant.

Yes I can agree with that...(corrections) Its hard to comment on a pitcher without seeing the the full pitching motion...First thing I'm looking for is ... taking the signal, then taking the breath... inhale or exhale, or holding it like Cat...ect :cool:

I'll PM you the heel landing .... not wanting to hijack this thread... sometimes somethings remind me of something else... :cool:

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2013
Ok hate to throw a wrench in things when they are going on so nicely. But seems like this triple spin drill wouldn't be good for a kid who is already missing brush and would encourage you to just blow right by it . . . am i missing something. And I thought I remembered BM and JS both saying it wasn't a good drill for I/R in the past when I asked about it about 18 months ago - but maybe I'm putting words in their comments that weren't there . . .

May 25, 2008
Pickerington Ohio
Class of2020, I'll comment from my view on the drill that was mentioned. It is of no use to teach brush, isolation of the arm or whip. I use it rarely, only when I am trying to get the pitcher to feel a position of the arm in the circle relative to the stride foot landing. You are not missing a thing as far as I'm concerned, spot on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi