Pitching coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I think this is what Eric was hoping to ask:

Was wondering if there's a division 1 pitching coach out there that would be willing to let me pick there brain about the whole pitching coach process and how they go about working with there pitchers in season and off season??I'm going into my first year as varsity high school pitching coach and was looking for some insight.Thanks for any positive feedback it is greatly appreciated.Eric

Aug 9, 2015
Eric should utilize the colleges close to his location. Most colleges and many d1 included don't have "pitching coaches" per se. They have a head coach and an assistant and maybe a student coach. And expecting one to just call and roll out his entire program is silly. Build a relationship locally. It will help both you in your position as well as give your kids an in with a local college. And keep in mind many lower level college coaches are pretty well versed in developing pitchers as well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a phone conversation with Eric last night.......great discussion. He is like lots of people on this forum....trying to help kids get better....and trying to sort out the good advice from the not so good advice he has received in the past. From our one conversation I felt great about his sincerity, willingness to learn, and what he is trying to do and feel even better knowing he has found us at DFP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g