pitching ball recommendation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
Unlike bowling you do not get to bring your own ball to the game. So it really does not matter what she likes. Get her what she will be throwing in games. :)

I agree and will add on to that. I have a bucket of assorted balls and randomly pick out 2-3 of them for a practice session. Every time I throw a different ball back to my DD, she has to pitch with whatever she gets. I'm hoping that in this way she doesn't get it in her head that her pitching depends on the ball and learns to deal with whatever she has to work with.

Sep 10, 2013
I agree and will add on to that. I have a bucket of assorted balls and randomly pick out 2-3 of them for a practice session. Every time I throw a different ball back to my DD, she has to pitch with whatever she gets. I'm hoping that in this way she doesn't get it in her head that her pitching depends on the ball and learns to deal with whatever she has to work with.

that's why i bought dream seam and thunder heat and will continue to use some of the older softballs that's in the bucket :)
thanks

Oct 19, 2009
When DD and I practice we pick the worst ball with the worst seems. Because the tougher you can make it in practice, the easier you can make it in a game JMO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06