Pitching at 43 feet

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 11, 2020
My DD played up last wkend. This was her first time pitching at 43 feet. I was a little worried bc she doesn’t throw that fast. I was impressed how well she did. Her CU was low, her drop ball dropped and her curve and rise were great. Was this just a lucky day or did the extra distance help her? She was always ahead in the count and struck out a few batters that she normally doesn’t. Would love to hear your opinions…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Could have been a multitude of things that helped her out. Adrenaline from playing “up”, maybe her not being as fast threw the hitters off, and the extra three feet giving the ball more time to break.

At the end of the day, congrats to her having a great outing.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
My DD played up last wkend. This was her first time pitching at 43 feet. I was a little worried bc she doesn’t throw that fast. I was impressed how well she did. Her CU was low, her drop ball dropped and her curve and rise were great. Was this just a lucky day or did the extra distance help her? She was always ahead in the count and struck out a few batters that she normally doesn’t. Would love to hear your opinions…

What were your impressions of the talent level difference on the field from what she was used to?
From 12's to 14's?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Her 12u team had more talent and win lots of tourneys

You had asked was this her lucky day?
Maybe it was,
because they didn't play against equal Talent?!

In any case it's a great outing for a first venture at 43 ft!

IMO softball is not an age bracket softball is Talent levels!

Jul 22, 2015

For girls who really spin the ball well the extra 3 feet is a benefit in my opinion.

Aug 9, 2021
For girls who really spin the ball well the extra 3 feet is a benefit in my opinion.
Agreed. 3ft doesn’t seem like a lot, but can make all the difference in terms of breaking point for a drop ball or change up.
Yep. Same experience/perception moving to 43'. More time to let the ball move. But the physical development at that age is massive as well.

Jul 31, 2015

Impressive that she has 4 pitches at 12U.

Congrats.

Feb 11, 2020
Yes she does have good spin and seemed even better at 43 feet. If the batter hit the ball it was a foul or weak pop up. Her issue is speed which we continue to work on…

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad