Pitcher's toe drag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 8, 2017
Does she replant and do you know it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

If it helps her become NCAA player of the year, I sure hope she learns to replant. You're comparing illicit use of illegal performance enhancing drugs to the equivalent of an NBA guard carrying the ball over on each trip up court.

Feb 15, 2017
If it helps her become NCAA player of the year, I sure hope she learns to replant. You're comparing illicit use of illegal performance enhancing drugs to the equivalent of an NBA guard carrying the ball over on each trip up court.
Every guard carries the ball, not every pitcher, and a matter of fact a very few, replant. Glad to know that achieving a player of the year award is more important to you than doing the right thing. I am glad the majority of D1 pitchers and coaches feel different. And if PED's could help her become pitcher of the year I am sure you would be good with that too.

Mar 8, 2017
Every guard carries the ball, not every pitcher, and a matter of fact a very few, replant. Glad to know that achieving a player of the year award is more important to you than doing the right thing. I am glad the majority of D1 pitchers and coaches feel different. And if PED's could help her become pitcher of the year I am sure you would be good with that too.

This is a very dumb assumption. In your mind, Derek Jeter must be a scumbag for faking a hit by pitch?

To quote a former NFL coach "you play to win the game".

The rules of the game are interpreted by the umpires. If they are not calling it, then she is not breaking any rules.

As far as I know, a crow hop is not against federal and state laws. Maybe your state is different? To compare a crow hop or replant to illegal possession and use of drugs is frankly idiotic and to suggest that I would promote that activity towards my daughter is beyond the pale of rationality.

Feb 15, 2017
This is a very dumb assumption. In your mind, Derek Jeter must be a scumbag for faking a hit by pitch?

To quote a former NFL coach "you play to win the game".

The rules of the game are interpreted by the umpires. If they are not calling it, then she is not breaking any rules.

As far as I know, a crow hop is not against federal and state laws. Maybe your state is different? To compare a crow hop or replant to illegal possession and use of drugs is frankly idiotic and to suggest that I would promote that activity towards my daughter is beyond the pale of rationality.
So where do you draw the line then? And just because it is not called doesn't make it legal. You are making my argument for me.

May 17, 2012
So where do you draw the line then? And just because it is not called doesn't make it legal. You are making my argument for me.

I don't see anyone advocating for replanting in this sport but to compare it to steroids which would result in jail time and fines if you simply have it in your possession is bizarre.

Feb 15, 2017
I don't see anyone advocating for replanting in this sport but to compare it to steroids which would result in jail time and fines if you simply have it in your possession is bizarre.
Corleone advocated for a replant if it made his daughter the NCAA player of the year. I'll ask you the same question: Where do you draw the line?? Another example: I was commonplace in the NFL to shoot players up to just be able to play every week. Was that ok? It wasn't illegal, but was it right? Was it best for the game? Was it best for the players?

Mar 8, 2017
Corleone advocated for a replant if it made his daughter the NCAA player of the year. I'll ask you the same question: Where do you draw the line?? Another example: I was commonplace in the NFL to shoot players up to just be able to play every week. Was that ok? It wasn't illegal, but was it right? Was it best for the game? Was it best for the players?

Yep.

If umpires allow it, and she feels it gives her an advantage, I’ll definitely encourage her. I guess I’ll be rotting in hell huh?

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Yep.

If umpires allow it, and she feels it gives her an advantage, I’ll definitely encourage her. I guess I’ll be rotting in hell huh?

Why the grey area? Everything is only illegal till you get caught? Or only illegal pitching?

I wouldn't suggest that steroids etc are in the same league in terms of potential harm or consequence - I think the argument is that breaking the rules is "breaking the rules", regardless of whether you get caught - or whether umpires have the fortitude to call it... It doesn't matter whether the consequences are more serious.

Ever blow by a cop and think "Oh sh*T!", and then the cop doesn't pull you over? You were still breaking the rules.. the "umpire" just didn't want to "call" it...

Sep 10, 2013
Yep.

here we go again. You pass a red light, you don't get a ticket. you didn't break any traffic laws?
until the NCAA changes their rules to specifically allow replanting, it is ILLEGAL whether or not the umpires call it.

Mar 8, 2017
Ever blow by a cop and think "Oh sh*T!", and then the cop doesn't pull you over? You were still breaking the rules.. the "umpire" just didn't want to "call" it...

You know, I'm a very conservative driver, I drive a pickup and always leave early enough to avoid having to rush. I consistently drive 5 miles over the speed limit and according to you, I break the rules every time I'm on the highway. I've never been pulled over for going 70 in a 65. Does that mean police don't want to call me on it because my truck is nice, or does it mean that it's so insignificant, that no cop is petty enough to take the time to pull me over?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06