Pitchers parents

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2018
Man, she is only missing the 'low rise', 'knuckle ball', knuckle change', knuckle curve', 'not so low rise', 'sorta low rise' and probably could add at least 3 variations of change ups. Slacker.

Oct 4, 2018
I always went the other way. My dd would be warming up and some other parent from another team would saunter over.
That your DD
Yep
How fast can she pitch
I’m not sure
Really. My DD pitches 58
Nice
How many pitches does she have
Only 2, my dd has 5 … what pitches does she have
A fast one and a slow one

They would walk away thinking we are going to kill this team. After the game it would be, how did we lose to this pitcher.

I'm the same. Always downplayed it. Was fun to see the reactions.

Perhaps if she is fortunate enough to pitch in college I'll tell people she's "above average" when they ask.

Oct 4, 2018
If a pitcher's parent tells you how fast their DD can throw, automatically subtract 5 MPH. And that may be conservative.

If you really want to create waves, find the pitcher parent during a game and ask them what their daughter throws. Get your answer.

Then go clock her and show the parent the results.

Good times.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
If you really want to create waves, find the pitcher parent during a game and ask them what their daughter throws. Get your answer.

Then go clock her and show the parent the results.

Good times.
We tried the Beta version of Game Changer with the Pocket Radar app last season. After three innings, the opposing team, whose pitcher's father swore she threw 63 MPH, came over and demanded the PR feed be turned off since he never consented to it. Considering she never broke 58 MPH, I suspect his motivations slightly differed from his claim.

Oct 4, 2018
We tried the Beta version of Game Changer with the Pocket Radar app last season. After three innings, the opposing team, whose pitcher's father swore she threw 63 MPH, came over and demanded the PR feed be turned off since he never consented to it. Considering she never broke 58 MPH, I suspect his motivations slightly differed from his claim.

Haha...

So how did he know y'all were doing that? I mean I never watch the feed of the other team.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Haha...

So how did he know y'all were doing that? I mean I never watch the feed of the other team.
He was taking a video on a GoPro of his daughter's pitching and hitting highlights, so he saw my rig on the fence.
P.S. We won the game 15-1. My daughter slightly outperformed his daughter that day. His daughter went 4 IP, 10 H, 15 R, 10 ER,9 Ks, and 7 BB. My daughter went 3-4 at the plate and 5 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 12 Ks, and 0 BB. We did, however, commit three errors in the field that allowed the run to score. Yes, one of the errors was on my daughter, a fact I reminded her of the next day. LOL

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
What does this mean eg how did you know this? Did he introduce himself as “Hi I am Joe my daughter throws 63” ?
My older daughter and his daughter played for the same organization in 20-21, and they did workouts together because they were the same age group. As softball dads normally do, we struck up a conversation since my daughter was catching for his daughter at one of the joint practices. He proceeded to tell me how fast she threw, or at least that is what he claimed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish