picture of daughters swing - comments?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 21, 2009
Hi,

My daughter Erin, 13, has always struggled at the plate. This year I took her to a local college slugger who was giving lessons all winter. To me she did an excellent job adjusting Erin's swing.

So far this season Erin is a completely different batter. She's confident. She connects every time and has yet to strikeout. One team even pitched around her. She has had three triples which should have been in the park homeruns but she's not very fast.

What advice can you offer from this pic that can help her tweak her swing? She has the power to put it over the fence but just can't quite get there.

Thanks!
IMG_2464.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2464.jpg
    IMG_2464.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 4

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
My only advice for this pic is that her coach should wear a hat and the catcher should stop trying to 2 hand catch a pitch.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
This isn't too bad. She looks like a nice strong hitter. I prefer the front toe open, more. Maybe 45% more. Hips need to lead more, because I think that she is going to have bat drag, there. But, this is a nice shot and congrats to her for working on her swing.

I am glad you didn't write in to have us comment on the catcher. :)

Apr 23, 2012
Does she hit a lot of balls to the left side? To me it looks like she is late on her swing. That could be some of the power loss.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Her hands have traveled to far in the position of bat lag here
Her hands are ahead of the lower half of the body.
They should be more back towards the crease/stripe in the pants of back leg. Around the meat of her leg.

Kind of like my daughter/bonds here. When she Casey rotates more past this point in her lag, to get knob of bat to face pitcher, just like your dd, her hands are at/near the back hip, or the meat of her back leg

Back arm, the hand stack over the elbow around the back hip....
Front arm, face kind of in the bicep....

This action (working the hips first) will help keep lead arm tighter to chest on rotation....

DSCN8175.jpg Bonds -  Hand Stacked over elbow.jpg

SL

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877