11 Months Post Surgery Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2016
DD has almost hit the 11 month mark since major knee surgery. She rushed back to playing last spring/fall and was never 100%. With very little strength in her back hitting leg she struggled at the plate and never got back to pre-injury form. After lots of time in the gym and cage she's now very close (she says 95%) back to her old self and her swing is looking so much better. Let me know what you all think. First fall tournament this weekend and I can't wait to watch her hit. She just turned 15.

Sep 29, 2014
Lot to like there; I'll let other dissect but foundation is strong. Really tight swing not a lot of separation but still generating a ton of power because the sequence is right (actually reminds me of Cabrera a little), maybe just stay back a little more seems to be drifting forward although maybe just a slow pitch she had to wait on and got out in front of....again lot to like

Oct 21, 2016
Lot to like there; I'll let other dissect but foundation is strong. Really tight swing not a lot of separation but still generating a ton of power because the sequence is right (actually reminds me of Cabrera a little), maybe just stay back a little more seems to be drifting forward although maybe just a slow pitch she had to wait on and got out in front of....again lot to like
Was for sure an off speed pitch of some kind as the pitcher she was facing only throws off speed. This was actually the 2nd pitch of the at bat. The first was a slow curve ball she jumped back on & coach called strike. Thanks for response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812