Pick up Player Politics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 17, 2010
I'm glad you spoke with the coach about this, but I'm concerned that he didn't mention something to either of you sooner, like on game day. He admitted that he saw something was bothering your DD but decided not to address it with her. To me, this shows a lack of ability to communicate with a child of the age that he is coaching.

He actually did pull her and another girl aside after the second game to talk to them individually. He explained to her that he was playing her in the outfield because she is fast and since we were playing bigger girls he needed her speed in the OF. She improved her attitude till her next AB when she got frustrated again. So I don't really think he was blowing smoke and he did try to address it with her.
She and I had a few long talks about the importance of playing whatever position you are assigned with enthusiasm. Yesterday was her last 2 league games. She played OF one and pitched one and her attitude was much improved. Even had a putout at first from RF. And finally, she hit. I'm sure those 2 things helped her attitude, but hopefully it continues.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55