PGF possibly selling or partnering with Perfect Game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Evaluated on the same platform?

Maybe using the same evaluation sheet.
But the platforms will still be the different levels of college recruitment.
The athletes will always differentiate themselves by talent levels.
The College Coaches attending showcases will continue differentiating where they attend by talent also.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
As someone mentioned earlier, I bet it adds to the cost of their events. PGF for the most runs qualifiers for the Big One as opposed to the other alphabet orgs who run regular weekend events every weekend. Yes, PGF has for the most part one of the BEST Nationals but Dayum USA Softball is doing a great job this week with Gold Nat's. Free high quality streaming of EVERY 16U/18U game. No need for uniformed commentators, just the sounds of the game and VERY High caliber teams duking it out. It's been a very unproductive week for me work wise, but I am loving it. All the brackets are updated in real time and you can follow all the scores via the GC stream up top. Lot of upsets too. Hats off to USA Softball.
USA Gold Nationals killed it last week with that tournament! PGF took it on the chin this summer with COVID and not being able to play in Cali and OKC was fortunate to benefit from it. It was a great tournament and much like @Orange Socks I was more than unproductive as the FREE live streams were MORE than great. Watched everyday all day as the teams that came to play were some of the best in the country.

Dec 11, 2010
Love to sub-message myself :) This is a much bigger deal than the quiet here would indicate. National rankings of PLAYERS will happen under this and will be a gamechanger. Will be interesting to see how *deep* they can go with it, beyond top 100, regional, etc?

My way to evaluate mergers and acquisitions has always been do the other players in the market say 'oh shirt' when it happens. This is an oh-shirt merger/partnership impacting associations, tournaments, recruiting sites, colleges, measurable companies, eventually hardware/sensor firms, etc. etc. IMO.

Bill Conroy said on another site:

That's a powerful vision.

If this drives a wooden stake through the heart of all the phony “Top 100 Player” type lists I will dance in the streets and drinks will be on me.

Jun 8, 2016
USA Gold Nationals killed it last week with that tournament! PGF took it on the chin this summer with COVID and not being able to play in Cali and OKC was fortunate to benefit from it. It was a great tournament and much like @Orange Socks I was more than unproductive as the FREE live streams were MORE than great. Watched everyday all day as the teams that came to play were some of the best in the country.
From a selfish perspective (I live in OK) I wouldn't mind if this continued until DD is of age to play in it :LOL: It will be interesting to see how this plays out. While OK is a more central location for many teams to get to, there are still quite a few of the top teams in the country that take up residence in CA.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Heres an interesting tid bit.
Yesterday A coach friend of mine was talking about pgf ...do to limitations playing in calif/covid they were trying to get games going in other locations. Like arizona and such.
What they
encountered was other softball venues already having a solid softball pressence in those other softball complexes. Result pgf could not get their foot in the door. Simply because other people hosting softball venues already have roots in other locations.

This will be interesting to see what pgf combined with perfect game will have to offer and how they will try to squeeze themselves in beyond what pgf already did.
Is there anymore room for more venue sites for them?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma