PGF possibly selling or partnering with Perfect Game

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Hmmm.....could be interesting! My son’s team plays in a lot of their tourneys and it’s nice to see their website with the measurables and players who get noticed for their pitching and hitting. I do know that on the baseball side of things, college coaches do check their site very often as it stacks kids up against each other. They also do scouting reports on the players. Can only see it as helpful to the whole recruiting process.

Jul 29, 2016
I was discussing this with another dad today at USA Softball Nationals. His takeaway is that this merger, if it happens will pave the way for $1600 tournament fees, more stay-to-plays and $20 gate fees.

of course PGF wasn’t exactly a bargain.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
Saw this on another FP forum, posted by Bill Conroy (PGF exec and Beverly Bandits head honcho) in response to a post about this:

"PGF will have a press release out soon but I can say that PGF wasn’t sold nor was Perfect Game. No money was exchanged between the two companies. Stay tuned for the press release that will answer all your questions and kill many of the rumors."

Jul 29, 2016
Saw this on another FP forum, posted by Bill Conroy (PGF exec and Beverly Bandits head honcho) in response to a post about this:

"PGF will have a press release out soon but I can say that PGF wasn’t sold nor was Perfect Game. No money was exchanged between the two companies. Stay tuned for the press release that will answer all your questions and kill many of the rumors."

So a merger. It'll be interesting to see how they split up the till. The buzz I heard was that PGF was leaking oil big time from a revenue perspective.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

Haha "kill many of the rumors"
many maybe, ALL never!
Lol...

Interested to see how this evolution may grow softball?!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
As someone mentioned earlier, I bet it adds to the cost of their events. PGF for the most runs qualifiers for the Big One as opposed to the other alphabet orgs who run regular weekend events every weekend. Yes, PGF has for the most part one of the BEST Nationals but Dayum USA Softball is doing a great job this week with Gold Nat's. Free high quality streaming of EVERY 16U/18U game. No need for uniformed commentators, just the sounds of the game and VERY High caliber teams duking it out. It's been a very unproductive week for me work wise, but I am loving it. All the brackets are updated in real time and you can follow all the scores via the GC stream up top. Lot of upsets too. Hats off to USA Softball.

Sep 17, 2009
Hmmm.....could be interesting! My son’s team plays in a lot of their tourneys and it’s nice to see their website with the measurables and players who get noticed for their pitching and hitting. I do know that on the baseball side of things, college coaches do check their site very often as it stacks kids up against each other. They also do scouting reports on the players. Can only see it as helpful to the whole recruiting process.
PGF has the brand name and a single quality product but they just experienced what happens when you only have one main revenue stream (tournament entry fees) and it gets disrupted. I don't know Perfect Game but seems like they make money off of measurable camps, recruiting match-making, etc. I imagine this moves PGF fully into BOTH On-Deck Softball and Sports Recruits/NCSA territory....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi