Perfect Softball Swing???? Hmmmm!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 25, 2011
I think in all fairness we should examine her a bit more than just explode on this video.

Lindsey Weaver's (Colorado Springs, CO) High School Softball Stats
.514 in high school (yes, probably mommy and daddy stats...)

Kansas Wesleyan University - Stats
.324 in college as a freshman

1 Homerun at each level.

I'm not saying she is teaching what she actually does in game, we know alot of people get confused when it comes to that... but let's also respect that she statistically is a respectable hitter. Perhaps we can find some game footage of her, and then compare what she does to what she taught in this video...

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Would love to see footage of her actually hitting in a game. I put money down that she doesn't swing like she shows in the clip at the start of this thread. Hanson principle.

Having a stellar batting average in high school and college doesn't necessarily make one a good hitting instructor.

Jan 13, 2012
I think in all fairness we should examine her a bit more than just explode on this video.

Lindsey Weaver's (Colorado Springs, CO) High School Softball Stats
.514 in high school (yes, probably mommy and daddy stats...)

Kansas Wesleyan University - Stats
.324 in college as a freshman

1 Homerun at each level.

I'm not saying she is teaching what she actually does in game, we know alot of people get confused when it comes to that... but let's also respect that she statistically is a respectable hitter. Perhaps we can find some game footage of her, and then compare what she does to what she taught in this video...

I'm thinking that this is a huge case of the action-perception gap.

Aug 5, 2012
Who is to say which information is 'good' and which information is 'bad'?

Case in point, at the Cherry Hill, NJ softball convention, I went to two back to back short seminars on proper throwing mechanics. In the first Ken Eriksen said it's nonsense for the elbow to lead the throw, it's the ball that leads the throw. In the next Cindy Bristow said and demonstrated how the elbow leads the throw. It makes you scratch your head sometimes.

But the one thing several coaches said, including Eriksen and Scott Whitlock is that girls are now coming to them far more ready than even 10 years ago. That coaches today do a much better job preparing and teaching girls to hit, field and throw, and we've made their jobs easier. So I think with the help of sites like this, information is getting out and having a positive effect on the game we love to coach.

Oct 10, 2013
I show my DD some of these threads...this one she has seen. She came home from open gym today and they had to watch this video. The hc liked the video...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez