Parent files bullying report against Texas high school coach after 91-0 rout

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 1, 2013
I do like to dabble in the black art of sarcasm but I am serious this time.
This team is 0-7,
61-7
62-10
63-0
91-0
Mediocre teams were beating them bad, of course a stud team is gonna win by more than a mediocre team. I know what the article says but a large point spread loss is the norm for this team. They did lose (1) 49-30 and their best game was a loss 9-7. Time for a coaching change IMO.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I do like to dabble in the black art of sarcasm but I am serious this time.
This team is 0-7,
61-7
62-10
63-0
91-0
Mediocre teams were beating them bad, of course a stud team is gonna win by more than a mediocre team. I know what the article says but a large point spread loss is the norm for this team. They did lose (1) 49-30 and their best game was a loss 9-7. Time for a coaching change IMO.

My apologies, E33. I misunderstood your comment. I thought you were blasting the winning team's coach.

Jun 11, 2013
I would like to hear the testimony.

Lawyer: So Mr. Lou Sir, Did you feel that the 63-0 loss was a well played game by your team?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I think the coach is a major league A-hole for running up the score, but bullying....LMAO!

Would you tell the team to just stand there? You're still trying to teach them how to play the game for the times that do come up against a decent opponent. From what the article said, the coach was not TRYING to run up the score, and certainly wasn't celebrating the victory.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Would you tell the team to just stand there? You're still trying to teach them how to play the game for the times that do come up against a decent opponent. From what the article said, the coach was not TRYING to run up the score, and certainly wasn't celebrating the victory.

Did not read the article, but we have creative ways to prevent running up scores in softball, so I would think a football coach could do the same.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Did not read the article, but we have creative ways to prevent running up scores in softball, so I would think a football coach could do the same.

So far, you have judged the coach as a "major league A-hole", and assumed he didn't make any efforts to keep the score down. What are you basing these judgments on? If you bother to take a moment to read the article, you might find that you're wrong. Twice.

Last edited:
May 10, 2010
The problem in Texas is the way the districts are set up. 5A for example is the biggest schools with enrollments any where from 2400 to 4500 students. There are not many teams in the low end of enrollment that do well especially in football. I think the school mentioned is a 4A school that has smaller enrollments, but the margins from top to bottom can be similar differences. I do not blame either coach at all they may be on the bottom and top end of enrollments and have no choice in whether or not to play each other.

Jun 24, 2013
Story I heard is the 2nd string played the entire 2nd half. I am not going to tell a player not to run or try not to hit the ball.