Packing gear for airplane

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 27, 2015
What is the best way to pack my daughters catchers gear for a flight? There will be 4 of us traveling for a week-long tournament. Do we check her stuff? How do we make sure it is safe? We can't afford for it to get lost, she is only 10 and some of her gear has been adjusted to fit her and offer her the best protection. Do we pack her clothes in her gear back?

This is the first time we will be flying for a tournament so I am a little nervous about it.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
You will have to check her bat. We carry on gloves and uniforms, everything else could be replaced if necessary.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
^^^^ What JAD said. We wrap the bat in thick towel and duct tape the towel. For airline travel we use DD's noE2 bag and we also carry on her glove and mitt as well as her 1st day uniform.

Oct 2, 2015
You will have to check her bat. We carry on gloves and uniforms, everything else could be replaced if necessary.
What JAD said... we had most of the bats go under the plane in a team bag.
Uniforms, gloves, sliders etc... went with them in carry on bag.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
You could also look into shipping her gear to the hotel with FedEx. I have more faith in them than the airlines when it comes to not losing something. With the cost of checking extra bags you may save money as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom