Out of control coaches.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
Remember a thread a while back talking about what parents will put up with to be on a good team. I was at a 7u tournament this weekend and witnessed coaches acting in a manner that I would not tolerate. One of the coaches got threw out of the game for arguing with the umpire then would not leave. The umpire had to go get the tournament director to get him to leave the field. Same team different game one of the coaches was standing at home plate screaming at a girl for hitting foul balls same coaches got right up in a girls face screaming at her for popping the ball up foul then did it again when she piped up for an out. These would have been what would have been a common place but chewing 30 years ago in high school football. These same coaches was overheard a while back telling a girl the way you played you don’t deserve to even wear this uniform. So the parents know this is common behavior and condone this type of behavior by people they have been placed in a position of authority. Again this was a 7u tournament I don’t understand it and absolutely would not tolerate it. Maybe I am in the minority on this and if I am that is ok to.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Remember a thread a while back talking about what parents will put up with to be on a good team. I was at a 7u tournament this weekend and witnessed coaches acting in a manner that I would not tolerate. One of the coaches got threw out of the game for arguing with the umpire then would not leave. The umpire had to go get the tournament director to get him to leave the field. Same team different game one of the coaches was standing at home plate screaming at a girl for hitting foul balls same coaches got right up in a girls face screaming at her for popping the ball up foul then did it again when she piped up for an out. These would have been what would have been a common place but chewing 30 years ago in high school football. These same coaches was overheard a while back telling a girl the way you played you don’t deserve to even wear this uniform. So the parents know this is common behavior and condone this type of behavior by people they have been placed in a position of authority. Again this was a 7u tournament I don’t understand it and absolutely would not tolerate it. Maybe I am in the minority on this and if I am that is ok to.
Absolute insanity. Not sure who would allow an 8 or 9 year old girl to be treated this way...or why any adult would treat a young girl (or anybody) that way.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Why isn't every parent/spectator at the park calling that fool out for what he/she is? Humiliate the jerk and do not allow it to continue.

May 13, 2021
Why isn't every parent/spectator at the park calling that fool out for what he/she is? Humiliate the jerk and do not allow it to continue.
The parents of the kids on that team are ok with this kind of behavior. If not they would pull there kid off the team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad