Other Video Camera options?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
Is the zooming in part of the gopro software? The clips you make for the players sound great that is what I am after.

What setting do you have your gopro on? I just changed my to narrow. I also have it set to 60 fps. Should I change that to 30 fps?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2014
I've been using a Sony camcorder for a while and very happy with it. No fisheye effect and very clear picture in good light. Make sure you get a model with an external battery so that you can get a larger battery to last for a few games.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
No its not really. The software lets me cut and save to my iPad or phone, then when I save and view it, I can zoom in. It saves to my devices photo gallery.

I've only had it 3-4 weeks and used at 3 tourneys. Still trying to work it all out. I'll try to show some picture examples what I can zoom into.

These are from the same fields, in narrow and medium settings

image.jpg

image.jpg

Full zoom from replay of each
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
4. Man, the zoom is great on the narrow shot? Is that from the gopro software or ipad? I downloaded the gopro software.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Don't worry, Got a partner who is getting GoPro for our 2nd Camera....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3bqAvNyINFQ?rel=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes