Opinions please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Believe it or not, we live in a small town in GA (Mayberry USA) and this has happen to me as a coach or teams my daughter played with 3 times. It seems that it always one of the better players when it happens. The kid wants to play then the court hearing a change of custody and then the new custodian won’t let the kid play because they think it hurts the other parent when it really hurts the kid. :mad:

If any of you reading this are going through custody battles please do not hurt the child for revenge or to get even with a former spouse.

You're exactly right! And at a time like that is when the kid could really use the support that a team can provide. Not talking about support that means getting involved with the custody situation; I'm talking about the kind of support that promotes self-esteem, among other things.

Jan 27, 2010
Eastern Iowa
You guys are exactly right. This is all based on revenge. It is really said that adults have to act this way. It is truly a shame. Especially, this girls has made large strides this winter and is now ripping the ball, not that the mom would know because she never comes around.

Oct 31, 2010
It's sad, but some parents are too lazy to let their child do activities. While my ex had the kids over Christmas break he couldn't be bothered to even get out of bed to take my son to his basketball practice at 4pm! Kids told me he finally got up about 5:30 to feed them dinner.

Oct 19, 2009
It's sad, but some parents are too lazy to let their child do activities. While my ex had the kids over Christmas break he couldn't be bothered to even get out of bed to take my son to his basketball practice at 4pm! Kids told me he finally got up about 5:30 to feed them dinner.

In a case like this not only is the child hurt, but the parent also misses the chance to spend quality time with their child!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish